Android GooglePlayServices error on build, FragmentManager / FragmentActivity

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Babaganosch, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Babaganosch

Babaganosch Member

I can't build for Android after I install Google Play Services into the project. I'm using macOS Mojave 10.14.6, with the IDE v.2.2.4.456 and the runtime v.2.2.4.362.

I've tried cleaning the cache after installing the extension.

This is the error I'm receiving
    -------

> Task :info.larsandersson.minecartmaniac:processDebugResources

> Task :info.larsandersson.minecartmaniac:compileDebugJavaWithJavac FAILED
    /Users/larsa/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/MinecartMa_FDBE7A28_2A35BA7E/Android/default/info.larsandersson.minecartmaniac/src/main/java/info/larsandersson/minecartmaniac/GooglePlayServicesExtension.java:13: error: cannot find symbol
    import android.support.v4.app.FragmentManager;
    ^
    symbol: class FragmentManager
    /Users/larsa/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/MinecartMa_FDBE7A28_2A35BA7E/Android/default/info.larsandersson.minecartmaniac/src/main/java/info/larsandersson/minecartmaniac/GooglePlayServicesExtension.java:18: error: cannot find symbol
    import android.support.v4.app.FragmentActivity;
    ^
    symbol: class FragmentActivity
    Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    Note: /Users/larsa/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/MinecartMa_FDBE7A28_2A35BA7E/Android/default/info.larsandersson.minecartmaniac/src/main/java/info/larsandersson/minecartmaniac/GooglePlayServicesExtension.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    2 errors

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ':info.larsandersson.minecartmaniac:compileDebugJavaWithJavac'.
    > Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.

2. Babaganosch

Babaganosch Member

Okey, so I recently got a prompt to update IDE to v.2.2.4.458 and runtime to v.2.2.4.364 and this seems to have solved my problem. The project now successfully builds the APK with the Google Play Extension enabled.

The Google Play Extension also seems to have gotten an update, version 3.1.8.

chirpy likes this.