Android Google Playservices, show specific Leaderboard

S

Siracher

Hi

I just implemented a Leaderbord on an android game. It is working, but shows first like an overview of Leaderboards instead the specific Leaderboard with the ID I provided in the code (create event of a persistant object):
achievement_load_leaderboard("CgkI_7Kt__gXXXXXX", 1, 100, achievement_filter_all_players);

Also the filter all players is not working. It shows by default only the friends.

does anybody know if this is a bug or if I made a mistake somewhere?

H

HansMills

I am trying to do the same thing without success. I noticed the help file in GameMaker Studio 2 has this note about the achievement_load_leaderboard function.

NOTE: this function does not work on the Android platform.

The help file has an example how to use this command on an Android platform:
if os_type == os_android
{
achievement_load_leaderboard("CgkIs9_51u0PEAIQBw", 1, 100, achievement_filter_friends_only);
}

But the Social Asynchronous Event call back event is never triggered.

S

Siracher

Hi thanks for the update

it's interesting that they have a sample for android and indicate that it is not working on android.

Let me know if you find a working solution for android please

RyanC

I am trying to do the same thing without success. I noticed the help file in GameMaker Studio 2 has this note about the achievement_load_leaderboard function.

NOTE: this function does not work on the Android platform.

The help file has an example how to use this command on an Android platform:
if os_type == os_android
{
achievement_load_leaderboard("CgkIs9_51u0PEAIQBw", 1, 100, achievement_filter_friends_only);
}

But the Social Asynchronous Event call back event is never triggered.
Why does it still not work after all this time?

This bug report confirms it was fixed http://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=21481

chirpy

Perhaps it was fixed by adding a note to the documentation, since it's a "Manual Content" bug.
I'm not sure whether Google Play Games APIs provide such filtered loading, but for showing a specific leaderboard on android, I had found a workaround described in the other duplicate thread.

RyanC

I tested Chirpy's method and it worked, thanks! really appreciated!

So looking at the java file for the GPS ext, it appears there are no functions written by GM to support loading specific scoreboard data and then drawing our own custom version.
But Google states they actually encourage developers to implement this, so it must be supported by the API, we just need someone to write the java functions for the GPS ext.

My only concern is that YoYo Games has probably already tried to do this and must have encountered issues with it and removed it.
Would be nice to have so real info on this so we know if there's any point in the re-work?

Last edited: