Android Google Play Services update?

artem123

Hi,

I am now in the final stages of publishing my game in Google Play. I have included the Google Play Services extension (from Yoyogames) in my game. When uploading my aab to Google Play I am getting warning:

Code:
We've detected that this app is using an old version of Google Play Billing. By November 1, 2021, all app updates must use Billing Library version 3 or newer. Update to Billing Library 3 before this date. Learn More about Billing Library 3.
As the warning stated, looks like the extension GooglePlayBillingExtension might be the cause. Not sure if that error is a concern but I have checked the Google Play Services extension and it is up to date.

Thank you for your insights.

It's not an error, it's just telling you what the text said explicitly. For now until October 31st if you're using the current billing extension you're fine - can release the app to the store. But after that you're in trouble. Any app already released before October 31st, will need to be updated when the updated extension is released. My most recent communication with YYG staff said something along the line; An update is currently in the work, when it will be released is not yet determined, an announcement will be made when it is ready in the near future.