• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Google Play problem with libpng

A

Algorytmiczny

Hello. I've got this problem in my developer console:

"Your application uses a version of libpng, which has a vulnerability. For more information and the date by which you must remove this gap, see this article in the Help Center.

Applies to APK version 1000031."

, but I don't know, how to fix it :/. I really need your support, because they want to block my game Pixel Defender.

A

Algorytmiczny

So, We need to wait one week, and then just update GameMaker and update game at Google Play?

altan

I guess, I have a problem about accounts. I got 2 dev account. Old account has different keystore. I wonder that when i want update other account's apps, can i update keystore file? I changed many times keystore file.

What can i do for this problem?

Thanks

SCR

I got an email with the same warning saying that any updates to the Apps will be blocked if the libpng library is not fixed. It doesn't look like any published APK versions will be affected though, just any updated APK's.

• Hello Google Play Developer,

• We detected that your app(s) listed at the end of this email are using an unsafe version of the libpng library. Apps with vulnerabilities like this can expose users to risk of compromise and may be considered in violation of our Malicious Behavior policy.

• What’s happening

• Beginning September 17, 2016, Google Play will block publishing of any new apps or updates that use vulnerable versions of libpng. Your published APK version will not be affected, however any updates to the app will be blocked unless you address this vulnerability.
Glad to hear that this should be fixed in the near future.

Thanks,

Steven

J

jackhigh24

dont worry about the pnglib i reported it within minuets of google putting it in our dev consoles as i was just updating something at the time, yoyo got onto it right away and will get it fixed in the next update, that might be some time or not but there is no real rush just right now as google wont enforce that until september, so just keep updating anything you need to on your apps its ok for now even a new app is ok no problem, its only from september they will reject them.

R

Richard

It will obviously be going to Stable, that's how Early Access works. There is no news on the release date.

If you are this desperate though, just use the Early Access version.