• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Google Play Instant?

S

Starpolygon

Hey!

I´m using the latest beta 2.2.4 and im wondering if it´s possible to make a game ready for Google Play Instant? I have tried changing the android manifest but no luck so far. If possible, what are steps i need to take for it to work? My problem is: i´m not sure how i can get the instant SDK to work with GM and what i need to do (add/erase) in the manifest. I´m exporting the new way, as app bundle.

Thanks in advance :)

rIKmAN

Hey!

I´m using the latest beta 2.2.4 and im wondering if it´s possible to make a game ready for Google Play Instant? I have tried changing the android manifest but no luck so far. If possible, what are steps i need to take for it to work? My problem is: i´m not sure how i can get the instant SDK to work with GM and what i need to do (add/erase) in the manifest. I´m exporting the new way, as app bundle.

Thanks in advance :)
The information found here seems like it would be useful for you.

It has instructions for building Instant Experiences including using the command line to enable the functionality in already exported .aab packages as well as the manifest changes and the various requirements that need to be met beforehand.

S

Starpolygon

Thanks so much for the response. I´ve however carefully read through this documentation on google instant many times before and tried implement on the manifest, i can´t however get it to work. I can export the file and everything but the file isnt accepted on the store. I´m not sure if I should only add lines to the manifest or also erase some of them.

S

Starpolygon

Hi again,

This is how i have the android manifest gamemaker is using atm in case someone is able to spot errors, the changes ive made in yellow color.

Thanks!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="${YYAndroidPackageName}" android:versionCode="${YYAndroidVersionCode}" android:versionName="${YYAndroidMajorVersion}.${YYAndroidMinorVersion}.${YYAndroidBuildVersion}" android:installLocation="${YYAndroidInstallLocation}" xmlns:tools="http://schemas.android.com/tools"
android:allowBackup="false" xmlns:dist="http://schemas.android.com/apk/distribution" android:targetSandboxVersion="2"
>

<!-- This is the androidmanifest.xml used as the basis for building game .apk's from Studio -->

<!-- uses here -->
${YYAndroidManifestPermission}

${YYAndroidManifestManifestInject}

<!-- <uses-feature android:glEsVersion="0x00020000" android:required="true" /> -->
<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.touchscreen" android:required="false" />
<uses-feature android:name="android.software.leanback" android:required="false" />

<!-- <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="${YYAndroidMinSDKVersion}" android:targetSdkVersion="${YYAndroidTargetSDKVersion}"/> -->

<supports-screens android:resizeable="true" android:largeScreens="true"/>

<!-- application -->
<application android:name="${YYAndroidPackageName}.RunnerApplication" android:label="@string/app_name" android:icon="@drawable/icon" tools:replace="android:label" ${YYAndroidInjectToApplicationTag} ${YYAndroidIsGame} ${YYAndroidTVBanner}>
<dist:module dist:instant="true" />

<activity android:name=".GameActivity">
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
</intent-filter>
</activity>

<activity android:name="${YYAndroidPackageName}.RunnerActivity" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" android:label="@string/app_name"
android:launchMode="singleTop" android:alwaysRetainTaskState="true" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden|screenSize" tools:replace="android:label">
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>
<category android:name="android.intent.category.LEANBACK_LAUNCHER"/>
${YYAndroidExtraCategories}
</intent-filter>
${YYAndroidManifestActivityInject}
</activity>

<!-- services -->

${YYAndroidManifestServices}

${YYAndroidManifestApplicationInject}

<!-- activities here -->
${YYAndroidManifestActivities}

<!-- receivers here -->
${YYAndroidManifestReceivers}

<!-- This is XPeria Play specific, we have decided to make this standard though for all applications, just in case -->
<meta-data android:name="xperiaplayoptimized_content" android:resource="@string/xperiaplayoptimized_content" />
<meta-data android:name="game_display_name" android:resource="@string/app_name" />
<!-- <meta-data android:name="game_icon" android:resource="@drawable/icon" />
Removing due to following warning:
Resources referenced from the manifest cannot vary by configuration (except for version qualifiers, e.g. '-v21'.) Found variation in hdpi, ldpi, mdpi, xhdpi, xxhdpi, xxxhdpi
-->

<!-- meta-data here -->
${YYAndroidManifestMetadata}

</application>
</manifest>

S

Starpolygon

Hey! I believe i have fixed the problem now. Going to report back when im sure, in case anyone else is interested. Cheers.

S

Starpolygon

@clee2005 Yes, I solved it: i´m using this android manifest to make a instant-build, hope it helps you:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="${YYAndroidPackageName}" android:versionCode="${YYAndroidVersionCode}" android:versionName="${YYAndroidMajorVersion}.${YYAndroidMinorVersion}.${YYAndroidBuildVersion}" android:installLocation="${YYAndroidInstallLocation}" xmlns:tools="http://schemas.android.com/tools"
android:allowBackup="false" xmlns:dist="http://schemas.android.com/apk/distribution" android:targetSandboxVersion="2"
>

<!-- This is the androidmanifest.xml used as the basis for building game .apk's from Studio -->

<!-- uses here -->
${YYAndroidManifestPermission}

${YYAndroidManifestManifestInject}

<!-- <uses-feature android:glEsVersion="0x00020000" android:required="true" /> -->
<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.touchscreen" android:required="false" />
<uses-feature android:name="android.software.leanback" android:required="false" />

<!-- <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="${YYAndroidMinSDKVersion}" android:targetSdkVersion="${YYAndroidTargetSDKVersion}"/> -->

<supports-screens android:resizeable="true" android:largeScreens="true"/>

<dist:module dist:instant="true" />
<!-- application -->
<application android:name="${YYAndroidPackageName}.RunnerApplication" android:label="@string/app_name" android:icon="@drawable/icon" tools:replace="android:label" ${YYAndroidInjectToApplicationTag} ${YYAndroidIsGame} ${YYAndroidTVBanner}>

<activity android:name="${YYAndroidPackageName}.RunnerActivity" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" android:label="@string/app_name"
android:launchMode="singleTask" android:alwaysRetainTaskState="true" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden|screenSize" tools:replace="android:label">
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
</intent-filter>
${YYAndroidManifestActivityInject}
</activity>

<!-- services -->

${YYAndroidManifestServices}

${YYAndroidManifestApplicationInject}

<!-- activities here -->
${YYAndroidManifestActivities}

<!-- receivers here -->
${YYAndroidManifestReceivers}

<!-- This is XPeria Play specific, we have decided to make this standard though for all applications, just in case -->
<meta-data android:name="xperiaplayoptimized_content" android:resource="@string/xperiaplayoptimized_content" />
<meta-data android:name="game_display_name" android:resource="@string/app_name" />
<!-- <meta-data android:name="game_icon" android:resource="@drawable/icon" />
Removing due to following warning:
Resources referenced from the manifest cannot vary by configuration (except for version qualifiers, e.g. '-v21'.) Found variation in hdpi, ldpi, mdpi, xhdpi, xxhdpi, xxxhdpi
-->

<!-- meta-data here -->
${YYAndroidManifestMetadata}

</application>
</manifest>