• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Google Play Download Trends

clee2005

Has anyone noticed a drop in downloads over the last 7-10 days in the Google Play store? I'm hoping it's a store wide thing, rather than just our apps, but it's a fairly significant dip. Downloads are more than half, down from where they were.... eg. had 2500/day and is now 1050/day.

With nothing changing on our end. Ratings is consistently 4.3 stars. Anyone else?

jazzzar

Has anyone noticed a drop in downloads over the last 7-10 days in the Google Play store? I'm hoping it's a store wide thing, rather than just our apps, but it's a fairly significant dip. Downloads are more than half, down from where they were.... eg. had 2500/day and is now 1050/day.

With nothing changing on our end. Ratings is consistently 4.3 stars. Anyone else?
Hi, i didn't publish my game yet, so i don't know if that's a thing, however, downloads tend to be lower in summer time, you know vacations and this things, and you must be thankful you're getting 1050/day, some apps deserve like 3000/day and they aren't even noticed, good luck :)

clee2005

Thanks for the comment. Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for... that it's summer and slower, but it's just such an abrupt drop I thought I'd check with others to see if they've noticed the same. But yeah, we're pleased with 1000/day too!

Genetix

It happens, hard to say exactly when or why - over time your average downloads should start to show some consistency. There seems to be a lot of downloads around any Holiday. Right now, it is the brightest and hottest time of the year - people are spending more and more time outside and less on there phones. Winter months seem really good, it gets dark out and people spend more time in doors. Keep up the good fight!