• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Google Play Billing Library

RizbIT

1614363360341.png

In order to comply with this do just have to update the GooglePlayBillingExtension Or all of the google extensions.

If you update them has this issue been addressed on the updated version?

Calvin

Thanks for this, but unfortunately, it didn't seem to work for me.

I even tried to completely remove Google Play Services from my game and redownloaded/imported but I'm still getting the warning. Not sure if I was supposed to update the services from somewhere else, but if anyone got around it let us know.

RizbIT

Thanks for this, but unfortunately, it didn't seem to work for me.

I even tried to completely remove Google Play Services from my game and redownloaded/imported but I'm still getting the warning. Not sure if I was supposed to update the services from somewhere else, but if anyone got around it let us know.
Could it be that we alos need to update this

1614876830198.png

Maybe change this to:
implementation 'com.android.billingclient:billing:3.0.2'

if you try it and it work s please let us know.

Calvin

Thanks for trying! Unfortunately that made the build fail and not compile.

I did however get another clue. I deleted "GooglePlayBillingExtension" entirely from my extensions, which made the compile work again. I thought it would be interesting to test uploading it to the internal test, and noticed that the version warning was still there even with the extension entirely removed from my game. I hope this is useful.

Calvin

maybe its something built into GMS? like something they need to fix in next GMS update?
Yeah it's above my understanding level, so I'll be keeping an eye out what others say. Honestly, I don't use IAP, but have that extension because it came with the Play Services plugin so I wouldn't mind if there was a way to get rid of it entirely if I could keep the achievements/leaderboards/ads.

RizbIT

you can what?

But I am using IAP, when you use this extension and upload a binary to the store it shows the warning saying you need to update the billing library version

Mool

1617049731879.png

The GooglePlay Games Extension is a bundle of google extensions, you dont need to use them all, since its a bundel.

Its like purchasing a car with 4 seats, you can remove 3 and you still can drive. :)

RizbIT

View attachment 39177

The GooglePlay Games Extension is a bundle of google extensions, you dont need to use them all, since its a bundel.

Its like purchasing a car with 4 seats, you can remove 3 and you still can drive. :)
i dont get what point you are making...

I need to use the googleplay billing extension that comes in google play services extension.

so yes i dont need to use them all, but the one i am using is using an old billing library, so the question stands are they going to update this pref before november this year

rIKmAN

so the question stands are they going to update this pref before november this year
Why not just ask YYG via a support ticket?
No user on the forum can give you a definite answer to the question, it would just be educated guesses based on the same information that is available publicly for everyone to see.

Looking at the GMS2 Roadmap it looks likely to be updated in Q3 as part of the "Extension Updates", but the roadmap isn't set in stone and can change so your best bet is to file a ticket with the message from your OP and get an solid answer from YYG themselves.

RizbIT

I did ask but got no reply
also you get mods and staff on the forums so they might know
also just pointing it out

rIKmAN

I did ask but got no reply
also you get mods and staff on the forums so they might know
also just pointing it out
There are a few posts from staff recently (more than when Playtech were owners at least) but the forum can get busy and I wouldn't rely on them happening to see a random thread and replying to get an answer to a question that is as important to your app/project as a platform holder requiring SDK updates.

I'm sure they are already aware and it's just a lower priority due to the dates given in your OP - meaning they have time to update and make the extensions compliant in Q3 as per the roadmap - but if you haven't had a reply from your ticket and it's been a decent while then log back into your ticket and post an update to it as this can help get a reply in case it's fallen through the cracks somehow. It'll give you peace of mind at the least.

KBeeeeR

november has come!
and we can't even update any app on the store!

error: We've detected this app uses an unsupported version of Play billing. Please upgrade to Billing Library version 3 or newer to publish this app.

RizbIT

you kidding.
google publishing is becoming bit of a nightmare.
this was scheduled by google ages ago, GMS still not updated to accomadate it
anyone seen the new privacy section that is mandatory... at first look seems daunting like you going to have to do a law degree to complete that section...
AND you going to have to do that for all new apps and updates... thats gonna be some crazy work... feel sorry for those cowboys who have like 100 apps/games on their account