• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Google Particle Physics

R

Robert

Hello, I am a little confused, reading over this article here:

http://www.yoyogames.com/blog/45

It says specifically:

"one of the limitations of Box2D is that it only simulates "rigid" bodies... However those clever chaps at Google have expanded the Box2D library to include their "Liquid Fun" module, which adds physics particles, giving you the ability to create fluid-like particle simulations as well as particle based soft-bodies. This module (v0.9.0) has now been integrated into GameMaker: Studio"

However, I don't see anything in the official docs about this, and from my understanding there isn't a native particle physics/soft body physics supported in GM. If I had access to GM at the moment I would give those functions a shot, but there is literally nothing about them online apart form this blog, nothing in docs, nothing in forums, in google, I don't get it.

J

jackhigh24

there is a etch blog on yoyo you can then look up the functions used, they are in the manual

EDIT
although the soft body is a little misleading as its just grouped fixtures