• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Google extensions not working

N

NiliusJulius

I have been trying to get the newer google mobile ads extension to work, but it now comes in the GooglePlayServicesExtension which keeps throwing errors at me.
Whenever I try to run the GoogleMobielAds, GoogleAnalytics or GooglePlayServices demos I get PNG not found, or no resource found errors on multiple files that are apparently needed for google play services. As far as I can see, those files are present, so I don't know why I can't get this to work.

Other demo extensions do work.

Any Ideas?

M

Meowmere

did you add all of the files in Global game settings and preferences? I'm not tooooo sure on what you are trying at, but I'm sure there's something easier to do with it.

N

NiliusJulius

did you add all of the files in Global game settings and preferences? I'm not tooooo sure on what you are trying at, but I'm sure there's something easier to do with it.
Downloading the google demos and trying to run them on android doesn't work.

I have all the setup done, I can run everything on android that doesn't have one of the google-extensions.

M

Meowmere

sorry for not being useful enough, I wish you good luck on your voyage.

N

NiliusJulius

Fixed it. Had to change the location of gamemaker's cache, because by default the file locations will be too long and give those errors >.<

Changing cache location to c:\gamemaker\cache will work.

W

WWAZman

thank you for posting your solution! Do we have a way to change thread titles to [SOLVED] yet?