Android Google Extension

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by JayR, Sep 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. JayR

JayR Member

I'm importing an old mobile platform project into GM2. I've already added 2 Google related extensions from the marketplace (same as in the old project) but under the Add-ons section of GM2 there's actually another Google stuff. What is this? Should I download it or is this just the same extension from the marketplace?

2. Jack S

Jack S Member

There are a lot of additional features to google these days - and even more that you can support with custom or marketplace extensions. If you weren't using these features before you shouldn't need them now unless you want to add them. To be more specific you'd have to ask what a specific extension does.

3. JayR

JayR Member

So the 2 extensions which I already have are the Google Services Extension and the Google Services IAP Extension.

One thing I remember is that previously I was able to download Google Billing from the Android SDK Manager. Now there's no such option.

Another thing is that under GM1.4 settings there's a checkbox for enabling Google Advertisement. In GM2 there's no such option.

So I'm wondering if the missing link is that Google thing in the Add-ons section. What's the add-on for anyway? What functions does it provide from the extensions available in the marketplace?

4. Jack S

Jack S Member

If you have those to installed are you getting build errors saying something is missing? That should be all you need i think to get IAP and ads working.