1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Good Written Tutorials?

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by TinTortoise, May 27, 2019.

1. TinTortoise

TinTortoise Member

Hey guys. Does anyone have a good source on written tutorials for GMS2? I'm new to the software, and all of the tutorials I've seen so far are video based. That's fine when I'm at home, but I'd like some stuff that I can read while I'm travelling/at work. My job involves a lot of sitting/standing around waiting for a phone to ring so I have a lot of time on my hands, but I can't really watch videos while I'm there.

2. jackquake

jackquake Member

For fear of being too obvious, there are a number of written tutorials here in this forum here. Ive put a few others as well where I have learned quite a bit. And lastly, once you've made an honest effort of trying to solve the issue yourself, this forum has some fantastic folks who will help you understand.

Of course, the list of tutorials you are looking for really depends on the topic you are learning about as programming games (or other programs) has a vast amount of subject areas from animation to finite state machines to AI and any thing in between.

With that said, here is my 2 cents worth to help:
    I know this isn't everything, but I've browsed the above links many times and really enjoy the info on them. Hopefully, they will help you also.

3. matharoo

matharoo Udemy Instructor

Check out my old blog: https://gdpalace.wordpress.com/

4. Cloaked Games

Cloaked Games Member