Windows Going through computer files to find real name

J

Just a guy

I was playing a game called "When Darkness Rises" (go play it. A work of art.) and it went through my basic computer files to find my real name (or the name set on the computer) and implement it into the game. It was made in unity, and this isn't the first time I've seen that happen with games made in that engine. I was wondering if there was a way to do this in GMS2. I understand Unity runs on c#, a language by Microsoft, so I don't really have my hopes high up for a yes on this. A simple no will work if it does not work in GMS2. Thanks!

PlayerOne

I was playing a game called "When Darkness Rises" (go play it. A work of art.) and it went through my basic computer files to find my real name (or the name set on the computer) and implement it into the game. It was made in unity, and this isn't the first time I've seen that happen with games made in that engine. I was wondering if there was a way to do this in GMS2. I understand Unity runs on c#, a language by Microsoft, so I don't really have my hopes high up for a yes on this. A simple no will work if it does not work in GMS2. Thanks!
Yes, use this:

Code:
environment_get_variable("USERNAME")
Use this to get the computer "name".