Goblin Kingdom - adventure platformer [available in Made with GameMaker forum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeygopher

I spotted that myself on a run-through just now! Believe I've fixed it in the latest version, so the sickle should be consumed.

Things definitely feel a lot more stable - I've not seen a fatal error in days!

pixeltroid

Ok. I found a major problem. After I made some decent progress, the frame rate began to drop heavily and the game became super slow to the point that it was unplayable.

For your reference, I had reached as far as the room with the number-lock door near the giant flowers.

It couldn't have been a problem with my computer because when I started a fresh game, the frame rate returned to normal.

Any idea what caused this?

joeygopher

That's kinda worrying - and also ironic given how I'd just posted about things being more stable! ;)

I've done a few more run-throughs and not been able to reproduce it. I thought maybe something was generating a bunch of extra object instances, but have tracked that, FPS and memory usage and things seem rather ordinary. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on things and see if it happens again. Had you just interacted with anything immediately prior, or were you just moving around?

pixeltroid

That's kinda worrying - and also ironic given how I'd just posted about things being more stable! ;)

I've done a few more run-throughs and not been able to reproduce it. I thought maybe something was generating a bunch of extra object instances, but have tracked that, FPS and memory usage and things seem rather ordinary. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on things and see if it happens again. Had you just interacted with anything immediately prior, or were you just moving around?
No, it just started to slow down after I reached the flower room. Not immediately, but gradually after that.

I was also using the cauldron room as a "base". I had dumped a bunch of items there -- the goggles, the pick axe, the matchsticks and the garbage bag IIRC. Could that have had an effect on the game?

joeygopher

No, it just started to slow down after I reached the flower room. Not immediately, but gradually after that.

I was also using the cauldron room as a "base". I had dumped a bunch of items there -- the goggles, the pick axe, the matchsticks and the garbage bag IIRC. Could that have had an effect on the game?
Nope that should be fine - I've done quite a lot of that myself as it's a handy spot for local gateways. Think I might have to write it off as a freak occurance (knowing that's not how code works at all!) and just hope it never comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.