What is this?
This game was made in 48 hours for the GMTK jam 2019, with the theme "only one". What I made is a metroidvania where you only have one key. And you must carry it with you through a maze-like dungeon.
You can play it either on itch: https://adriendittrick.itch.io/the-keymaster
Or on gamejolt: https://gamejolt.com/games/keymaster/431057
- R: restart level if you get stuck (very important)
- WASD/Arrow keys: move
- S/Down: pick up key / drop key
- Space/shift/left click: hold to tilt key
- F4: fullscreen (windows only)
You're in search of the legendary Keymaster who will save the world. But upon arriving in his dungeon, you only find his most prized possession, the master key. It can open any lock and can be upgraded with various musical clefs which you will find along the way. Albeit twice your size, the key can be easily carried because it is made of carbon fiber mythrill, the hardest but also lightest material known to man. However, you must account for its huge size when moving around, turning the dungeon into a puzzle.
- A fully-backtrackable dungeon
- 14 rooms
- 3 unlockable powers for your key
- 10 jewels you must collect to reach the ending
- Music from my WIP "The horror before our time"
21 KB Views: 2