1. Hey! Guest! The XXX GMC Jam will take place between August 24th, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and August 27th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Windows GMS2 won't start

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Neomeris, May 7, 2018.

1. Neomeris

Neomeris Member

So, I am a teacher, and I am trying to install GMS2 on my 36 computers. It works on 34, but the last two have a weird issue. GMS2 installs fine on those two, but when I go to run in, the title bar for the window appears for a second, and then it closes. The IDE doesn't actually start. I am really stumped to why this is happening. These two computers are identical to the rest, and have identical software installed. What is making this happen on only these two?

Things I have tried to fix the problem:
    - Reboot
    - Different users
    - Reinstall GMS2
    - Uninstall including deleting registry and clearing all files, then reinstalling

No matter what I try, it just won't run. I am really stumped.

Additional info that may be important:
    These computers have all had GMS2 installed on them before. I previously installed it and then found out that if students were the first to log in, it would crash because the runtime would not install properly because students do not have admin access to the computers. This is really the second wave of installs, and as I said before, it worked on 34/36 computers.

2. Neomeris

Neomeris Member

I am bumping this thread because it is still happening. Extra info: These are windows 7 computers.

3. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

Is there any information in the ui.log that may point you towards what the issue is?

4. Neomeris

Neomeris Member

I will double check when I get in tomorrow, but I don't believe a ui.log file is created since the program never really starts.

5. Neomeris

Neomeris Member

I was incorrect, here is the ui.log report

6. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

File a bug report to YYG explaining the issue and attach the log file for them to look and and advise you.

Might be worth attaching the logs from both machines just in case the issues are different in some way.