• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion GMS2 Wont let me do anything

M

magnumninja

on Gamemaker studio 2 IDE v2.0.6.136 Runtime v2.0.6.93 I can't do anything after opening. The start page is blank none of the buttons from file to source control do anything but make a drop down. I can't click new project or anything. I tried reinstalling/deleting the files it doesn't uninstall during install and it still won't work. I'm lost cause this first happened with my steam copy of gamemaker studio 2 but on there it was asking for my login info which never worked no matter how many times I entered it.

Jobo

GMC Elder
Go to %ProgramData%\GameMakerStudio2\Cache and delete everything "StartPage" related and start GMS2 again - see if that helps.

M

magnumninja

Go to %ProgramData%\GameMakerStudio2\Cache and delete everything "StartPage" related and start GMS2 again - see if that helps.
that seemed to have fixed it. thank you really appreciate it.

I

icuurd12b42

Don't worry, the latest version of studio 2 pops up blank for me 3 times out of 5 so you are not alone. you just need to terminate it with task manager and restart... until it works

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
We're changing how we render the start page, so it should be fixed in the next update.