• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows GMS2 will not launch (Windows 7)

bsabiston

So I've been having trouble with GMS2 on Mac -- the debugger crashes for example. So I thought I would install it and run on Windows, like I did with all my GMS 1 games. It appeared to install OK, but it won't launch. Nothing happens when I click the GameMaker Studio 2 icon from the Start Menu in Windows.

Anyone know what the problem could be? I restarted Windows, but that didn't help.

EDIT: Nevermind, sorry. It suddenly started working when I tried to check the Application log console.

Last edited:
D

DOTEW

HI!!

I know you solved your problem, but HOW DID YOU DO IT?!?!??!
I've been having the same problem for almost 2 months now I looked and searched everywhere possible, but still no solution
and when I saw that you had the same problem I rushed into writing this reply PLS help me
I have a project that I spent so much time on and wouldn't like to loose it and do it all again

-thank you

bsabiston

Hm it has been so long, I don't remember, I am sorry. I want to say it MIGHT have been because I was running the Mac version at the same time? Like it wouldn't run both simultaneously? Other than that, maybe I just reinstalled it? Sorry I don't remember exactly what fixed it. To tell you the truth, I am not sure I ever DID fix it. I use GMS2 on Mac now, so I don't even have the Windows one installed...

D

DOTEW

Hm it has been so long, I don't remember, I am sorry. I want to say it MIGHT have been because I was running the Mac version at the same time? Like it wouldn't run both simultaneously? Other than that, maybe I just reinstalled it? Sorry I don't remember exactly what fixed it. To tell you the truth, I am not sure I ever DID fix it. I use GMS2 on Mac now, so I don't even have the Windows one installed...
Thank you