OFFICIAL GMS2 Version 2.3.1 (Full Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange errors. When I ran my game my sprite animation was set at 8 fps and wouldn't show, when i set it to 10 fps it was ok ?. Also when I edit my tile set first time it ran ok, but if I go and re edit the changes wont show up in the game ?. This new update is a bit buggy to say the least. My game is not even complex yet I'm running into bugs that were not there in the previous version.

Shut

Strange errors. When I ran my game my sprite animation was set at 8 fps and wouldn't show, when i set it to 10 fps it was ok ?. Also when I edit my tile set first time it ran ok, but if I go and re edit the changes wont show up in the game ?. This new update is a bit buggy to say the least. My game is not even complex yet I'm running into bugs that were not there in the previous version.
I'm also having the issue with the tile set, every time I change the sprite it stops drawing until I make some changes with the tile set such as ticking/unticking disable source sprite export.

Khao

Something... weird just happened to my project and I'm starting to get nervous.

I added a new sprite. I spent like half an hour figuring out why it wasn't drawing on the screen at runtime until I decided I should just clear my caché and try again.

After clearing the cache, it's as if texture pages are just... not getting created. Previously, my game took like 2 minutes to compile. Now it compiles almost instantly, but I get no graphics whatsoever, aside from things made with draw_rectangle and similar stuff. Everything else, from sprites to text to whatever, is just pure black.

Tried reverting back to 2.3 to see if the new version's the issue but now my room order is straight-up broken (no rooms appear on the list for some reason) and it results on undeclared variable errors, probably due to the wrong room being run first.

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
array_delete() has serious problems!

I can successfully (I GUESS!) use array_insert() to add a new item to the array, but if I try to remove any position from the array, the text gets weird and GMS 2 just silently closes and no errors appear!

SEE:

CODE:

CREATE EVENT:

GML:
// colors
draw_set_font(fnt_default);
global.col_text = make_color_rgb(220,220,220);
global.col_text_lighter = make_color_rgb(255,255,255);
global.col_text_darker = make_color_rgb(150,150,150);
global.col_window_bg = make_color_rgb(20,77,77);
global.col_window_inside = make_color_rgb(20,20,20);

// workplace rooms
workplace_room[0] = "Workplace 0";
workplace_room[1] = "Workplace 1";
workplace_room[2] = "Workplace 2";
workplace_room_index = 0;

DRAW GUI EVENT:

GML:
// draw workplaces tabs and [+] symbol
var _xx = x;
var _yy = y;
for (var l=0; l<array_length(workplace_room); l+=1)
{
    // position for tabs
    var _tt = workplace_room[l];
    var _ww = string_width(_tt) + 22;
    var _hh = 32;
    var _sep = 16;
    var _button_col = c_white;
    var _button_txt_col = c_white;

// detect position based on tab_index
    if (workplace_room_index == l) {_button_col = global.col_window_bg; _button_txt_col = global.col_text;} else {_button_col = global.col_window_inside; _button_txt_col = global.col_text_darker;}

// mouse click action
    if point_in_rectangle(gui_mouse_x(), gui_mouse_y(), _xx, _yy, _xx+_ww+_sep-4, _yy+_hh)
    {
        // change color if mouse over
        if !(workplace_room_index == l) {_button_col = global.col_window_bg;}

// click
        if mouse_check_button_pressed(mb_left)
        {
            workplace_room_index = l;
        }

}

// tab bg
    draw_set_color(_button_col);
    draw_rectangle(_xx, _yy, _xx+_ww+_sep-4, _yy+_hh, false);

// tab text
    draw_set_color(_button_txt_col);
    draw_text(_xx+6, _yy+7, _tt);
    draw_set_color(c_white);

// delete workplace icon
    if draw_sprite_button(spr_window_icons, 2, _xx+_ww, _yy+16, 24, 24, 1)
    {
        array_delete(workplace_room, workplace_room_index, 1);
        workplace_room_index = array_length(workplace_room)-1;
        show_debug_message("DELETED");
    }

_xx += (_ww + _sep);
}

// add workplace icon
if draw_sprite_button(spr_window_icons, 3, _xx+16, _yy+16, 24, 24, 1)
{
    workplace_room_index = array_length(workplace_room);
    array_insert(workplace_room, array_length(workplace_room), "WP "+string(irandom(999)));
    show_debug_message("ADDED");
}
draw_sprite_button() is a function I created that draws a sprite and returns true if it was clicked, or false if not.

Attention, this test was performed on an empty project.
DOWNLOAD AND TEST IT

Detail, someone who wrote the manual, simply copied and pasted the text without proofreading 😍

Thank you.

Last edited:
S

squarebit

Sorry, "Animation End" doesn't seem to be working well when the animation frame is more than 1 frame odd, is this a bug?
I also have problems with the Animation End event not triggering with certain image speeds.
Lowering some speeds seem to fix the issue for now, but obviously this shouldn't be a necessary change for us!

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
No, you can't. array_insert() has the wild pointer bug from this post, and it's made its way into the stable release.
I think the problem is in both array functions, because I use array_delete() and it keeps giving the error (without using array_insert()):

This don't works:

GML:
// delete workplace icon
{
    array_delete(workplace_room, workplace_room_index, 1);  // <<<<<<<<
}

// add workplace icon
{
    array_insert(workplace_room, array_length(workplace_room), "WP "+string(irandom(999)));
}

This works:

GML:
// delete workplace icon
{
    workplace_room = array_delete_ext(workplace_room, l);
    if (l == array_length(workplace_room)) workplace_room_index = array_length(workplace_room)-1;
}

// add workplace icon
{
    workplace_room[array_length(workplace_room)] = "WP "+string(irandom(999));
}

array_delete_ext(array, pos):

GML:
function array_delete_ext(array, pos)
{
    /// @func array_delete_ext(array, pos)
    /// @arg array
    /// @arg pos

var _array_lenght = array_length(array);
    if (_array_lenght > 1)
    {
        var _array_new = array_create(_array_lenght - 1);
        var j = 0;
        for (var i=0; i<_array_lenght; i++)
        {
            if (i == pos)
            {
                continue;
            }
            _array_new[j] = array[i];
            j += 1;
        }
        return _array_new;
    }
}

Well... At least it works, for now, but I will still need the array_insert() function in the next system that I will do in my program.

Last edited:

Khao

Something... weird just happened to my project and I'm starting to get nervous.

I added a new sprite. I spent like half an hour figuring out why it wasn't drawing on the screen at runtime until I decided I should just clear my caché and try again.

After clearing the cache, it's as if texture pages are just... not getting created. Previously, my game took like 2 minutes to compile. Now it compiles almost instantly, but I get no graphics whatsoever, aside from things made with draw_rectangle and similar stuff. Everything else, from sprites to text to whatever, is just pure black.

Tried reverting back to 2.3 to see if the new version's the issue but now my room order is straight-up broken (no rooms appear on the list for some reason) and it results on undeclared variable errors, probably due to the wrong room being run first.
Weird. Reinstalled 2.3.1 and opened my project again to get the compile info stuff to file a bug report on this.

When compiling, my antivirus complained about how "Igor.exe" was trying to modify a folder. I said allow. Cleaned caché again, ran the project, and now everything works as normal.

So apparently my antivirus was preventing Game Maker from properly building texture pages? This is soooo weeeeeird.

Should I file a bug report anyway? The project is back to normal but I'm still not completely sure what happened.

D

Draco1223

Hey, so upon loading a project of mine up from GameMaker Studio 2.3 to 2.3.1, I've noticed that toggling fullscreen no longer behaves correctly. The fullscreen switching itself works just fine, but for some reason heading back into windowed mode removes the window border, and keeps the black bars around the edges of the window while putting the window at its 4:3 aspect ratio, thus scrunching up the display.

I've run the debugger, and the game does think it is in windowed mode, but it doesn't exactly behave like it should.

All I currently have set up for fullscreen switching is:
GML:
if (keyboard_check_pressed(vk_f4)) {
    display.fullscreen = !display.fullscreen;
    window_set_fullscreen(display.fullscreen);
}
A few more things worth noting are that I do have fullscreen switching enabled, and I would like to emphasize that this has only ever become an issue ever since I have updated to GameMaker Studio 2.3.1, so I'm not entirely sure if this is a GameMaker Studio 2.3.1 bug or if something had changed and I just don't know about it. Regardless, it uses the same code that was used prior to updating.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Ulysse

Hello,

Since updating to 2.3.1, the sequence object struct (as returned by sequence_get) is not fully recognized as a struct anymore. You can still access its components with the . operator (for example "seq.loopmode") but in the debugger you will only see the event related elements (like event_create).
It also means that functions like variable_struct_get_names will not return all the elements anymore.

Not sure if this change was intended, but it is making it harder to debug sequences or to understand their internal structure by looking at runtime examples.

GDS

Weird. Reinstalled 2.3.1 and opened my project again to get the compile info stuff to file a bug report on this.

When compiling, my antivirus complained about how "Igor.exe" was trying to modify a folder. I said allow. Cleaned caché again, ran the project, and now everything works as normal.

So apparently my antivirus was preventing Game Maker from properly building texture pages? This is soooo weeeeeird.

Should I file a bug report anyway? The project is back to normal but I'm still not completely sure what happened.
I have this Igor.exe warning on AV every time a new version is out,
you need to white-list it once every new update.

I think it's because it's creating/deleting files on a hidden folder(included files maybe?

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
array_delete() has serious problems!

I can successfully (I GUESS!) use array_insert() to add a new item to the array, but if I try to remove any position from the array, the text gets weird and GMS 2 just silently closes and no errors appear!

SEE:

CODE:

CREATE EVENT:

GML:
// colors
draw_set_font(fnt_default);
global.col_text = make_color_rgb(220,220,220);
global.col_text_lighter = make_color_rgb(255,255,255);
global.col_text_darker = make_color_rgb(150,150,150);
global.col_window_bg = make_color_rgb(20,77,77);
global.col_window_inside = make_color_rgb(20,20,20);

// workplace rooms
workplace_room[0] = "Workplace 0";
workplace_room[1] = "Workplace 1";
workplace_room[2] = "Workplace 2";
workplace_room_index = 0;

DRAW GUI EVENT:

GML:
// draw workplaces tabs and [+] symbol
var _xx = x;
var _yy = y;
for (var l=0; l<array_length(workplace_room); l+=1)
{
    // position for tabs
    var _tt = workplace_room[l];
    var _ww = string_width(_tt) + 22;
    var _hh = 32;
    var _sep = 16;
    var _button_col = c_white;
    var _button_txt_col = c_white;

// detect position based on tab_index
    if (workplace_room_index == l) {_button_col = global.col_window_bg; _button_txt_col = global.col_text;} else {_button_col = global.col_window_inside; _button_txt_col = global.col_text_darker;}

// mouse click action
    if point_in_rectangle(gui_mouse_x(), gui_mouse_y(), _xx, _yy, _xx+_ww+_sep-4, _yy+_hh)
    {
        // change color if mouse over
        if !(workplace_room_index == l) {_button_col = global.col_window_bg;}

// click
        if mouse_check_button_pressed(mb_left)
        {
        }

}

// tab bg
    draw_set_color(_button_col);
    draw_rectangle(_xx, _yy, _xx+_ww+_sep-4, _yy+_hh, false);

// tab text
    draw_set_color(_button_txt_col);
    draw_text(_xx+6, _yy+7, _tt);
    draw_set_color(c_white);

// delete workplace icon
    {
        array_delete(workplace_room, workplace_room_index, 1);
        show_debug_message("DELETED");
    }

_xx += (_ww + _sep);
}

// add workplace icon
{
    show_debug_message("ADDED");
}
draw_sprite_button() is a function I created that draws a sprite and returns true if it was clicked, or false if not.

Attention, this test was performed on an empty project.
DOWNLOAD AND TEST IT

Detail, someone who wrote the manual, simply copied and pasted the text without proofreading 😍

Thank you.
Your problem is that you are looping an array in ascendent order...

GML:
for (i=0; i < length(...); i++) { }
if you are deleting items inside the array/list you are looping through, the loop must be done in reverse order from the end to the start.

I've been waiting three months for this update. I couldn't upload the game to the Play market for three months. The project was not compiled from Google Play Market on Android, but it was compiled without it. And now it doesn't compile at all! Please help me(
Screenshot_20201126-224554_Video Player.jpg

H

harambe1

ahhh yes congratulations yoyo games you broke all our games again! my project got completely screwed. your web executable does not recognize keypresses at all! rooms got all screwed. amazing work!

GDS

- some commented areas changed making the game to try to read comments as code mostly on */ stuff
-I changed a sprite from top left to Mid center, but the collision mask is now on top left, but on the sprite itself it show as the Collison mask is on the right place

Psycho-Male

Have you turned the file watcher off / set a preference to always save your changes inside the IDE? It would be prudent to close assets inside GMS2 before editing externally anyway, but the file watcher does exist to enable this functionality, so you should be able to achieve what you want. (If you're seeing the file watcher dialog and then clicking Save, then you're overwriting your external changes with the copies as GMS2 last had them, so this is all behaving correctly.)
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but I tried both enabling file watcher and disabling it, didn't matter, it only asks me to save or overwrite if .yyp file changed or I added/removed/modified something in root project folder(editing scripts and object events is ignored). Also 'Automatically reload changed files' setting is ticked.

Also my problem with room order is fixed after I reinstalled the latest version.

Anyone else experiencing random crashes? I think it has something to do with room switching.
After upgrading to 2.3.1 my game crashed sometimes after the main title screen.

But, I could not find a pattern when this happens. Sometimes it crashed 5 times in a row. Sometimes it worked after one crash.
Sometimes cache clear helped. Sometimes not. Sometimes run in debug helped, sometimes not.

And with crash I mean, that the Game closed and yoyo runner gave an error that it stopped working.

After downgrading back to 2.3.0 no crashes appear.

Odolwa

Started the download and was hit with this:
GM2 Error.png

I'm not sure how the installment, of all things, could go wrong but, according to the info I found, a 'Win32ExceptionHandler' error occurs if a '.dll' does not fully upload or becomes corrupted which would make sense as, going by this screenshot, you can see that it has frozen at 'Extract: Utils.dll'. So is that the problem? What should I do? Any advice? Thanks.

Last edited:

Isyx

Anyone else experiencing random crashes? I think it has something to do with room switching.

But, I could not find a pattern when this happens. Sometimes it crashed 5 times in a row. Sometimes it worked after one crash.
Sometimes cache clear helped. Sometimes not. Sometimes run in debug helped, sometimes not.

And with crash I mean, that the Game closed and yoyo runner gave an error that it stopped working.

Same problem over here. It is very random and gives no error message as to why the crash occurred. It's very nerve-racking going from room to room now as I'm not sure if it's going to randomly crash or not. Also, switching between windowed and fullscreen either screws up the resolution or gives a black screen and locks up my PC! Bug reports have been submitted. Looks like I'm going to revert back to 3.0 as well at this point.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I consider myself lucky my games arent broken. Well, there was 1 regression I found with a game, but that had an easy workaround that will end up not being a workaround anymore once they fix the bug, then the workaround will be the bug on my end.

When opening a project created in version 2.3, it returns this error " Blank IdReference found - could be that the project is corrupt.", but the project is compiled under Windows. It doesn't compile for Android. Although, if you create a new project, it compiles. The update seems to break old projects created in 2.3. How can I fix it? What are your thoughts?
1606566305536.png

Cameron

Sorry, "Animation End" doesn't seem to be working well when the animation frame is more than 1 frame odd, is this a bug?

This is a Twitter video since the video does not seem to be supported, but this does not stop the constant explosion.

I also have problems with the Animation End event not triggering with certain image speeds.
Lowering some speeds seem to fix the issue for now, but obviously this shouldn't be a necessary change for us!
I too am experiencing an unreliable animation end event. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to what causes it to fail though. I filed a bug report.

Khao

Got a completely new issue now.

I can't build any projects. Like, even new empty projects just don't compile. I get completely stuck at "building" with absolutely no progress even after an hour.

This is my entire output window:

Code:
"cmd"  /c subst Z: "C:\Users\Khao\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0468727s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\Khao\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE" started at 11/28/2020 16:02:35
"cmd"  /c subst Y: "C:\Users\Khao\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0438830s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\Khao\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP" started at 11/28/2020 16:02:35
"cmd"  /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.3.1.406"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0445540s for command "cmd" /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.3.1.406" started at 11/28/2020 16:02:35
It just gets stuck there indefinitely. Even after an hour of waiting, nothing changes. I can't even stop the build (just gets stuck at "---------- STOPPING ----------").

I'm using both the newest IDE and the newest runtime. I've tried rebooting. I've tried reinstalling. I've tried fully uninstalling Game Maker and installing everything once again. Projects just don't want to build anymore.

No clue what to do.

Ricoh5A22

Got a completely new issue now.

I can't build any projects. Like, even new empty projects just don't compile. I get completely stuck at "building" with absolutely no progress even after an hour.

This is my entire output window:

Code:
"cmd"  /c subst Z: "C:\Users\Khao\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0468727s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\Khao\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE" started at 11/28/2020 16:02:35
"cmd"  /c subst Y: "C:\Users\Khao\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0438830s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\Khao\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP" started at 11/28/2020 16:02:35
"cmd"  /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.3.1.406"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0445540s for command "cmd" /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.3.1.406" started at 11/28/2020 16:02:35
It just gets stuck there indefinitely. Even after an hour of waiting, nothing changes. I can't even stop the build (just gets stuck at "---------- STOPPING ----------").

I'm using both the newest IDE and the newest runtime. I've tried rebooting. I've tried reinstalling. I've tried fully uninstalling Game Maker and installing everything once again. Projects just don't want to build anymore.

No clue what to do.
As a last resource, you can try move to a backup the directories ..\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2 ..\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2. In my case, I deleted it before install the new version (to be sure that I was doing a fresh install). So far I did find some minors bugs, but nothing that broke my game or avoid it to compile. Obviously, you gonna lose all your workspace configurations and the cached login information, consider that if you resolve to try it.

S

shrunkenmaster

Tiles and tilesets still causing the same problems - tileset sprite not updating, tileset not showing at runtime, sluggish tile selection.
Cleaning has no effect, having to close and reopen GM. I thought this was flagged as fixed??

C

Costco2

Hello, so I updated the program and somehow it broke everything I've used, I even tried starting from scratch on a project I was learning and can't even get a basic project to run, in my other project everytime my objects move, they go invisible. Here's the image of just a basic object, wall and when I hit compile, nothing appears.

Also weird error with tiles not working and objects turning invisible when landing in my original file I was working on: https://streamable.com/t2i8k9

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Ricoh5A22

Hello, so I updated the program and somehow it broke everything I've used, I even tried starting from scratch on a project I was learning and can't even get a basic project to run, in my other project everytime my objects move, they go invisible. Here's the image of just a basic object, wall and when I hit compile, nothing appears.

Also weird error with tiles not working and objects turning invisible when landing in my original file I was working on: https://streamable.com/t2i8k9
This project can be shared? I can try to see if it happens in my machine too.

C

Costco2

This project can be shared? I can try to see if it happens in my machine too.
I'm happy to share it but it's pretty much as plain as you can get, I just created 2 sprites with 2 different colors, and then created 2 objects connected to those sprites, added them in the instances, and hit the run button but it still returns a black screen and not any of the objects. I wonder if something is being blocked?

Attachments

Ricoh5A22

I'm happy to share it but it's pretty much as plain as you can get, I just created 2 sprites with 2 different colors, and then created 2 objects connected to those sprites, added them in the instances, and hit the run button but it still returns a black screen and not any of the objects. I wonder if something is being blocked?
Following that steps I didn't have any problem.

1606706336179.png

Khao

As a last resource, you can try move to a backup the directories ..\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2 ..\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2. In my case, I deleted it before install the new version (to be sure that I was doing a fresh install). So far I did find some minors bugs, but nothing that broke my game or avoid it to compile. Obviously, you gonna lose all your workspace configurations and the cached login information, consider that if you resolve to try it.
Tried to do this and it sadly didn't solve anything.

I really don't know what else I can do at this point. It's clearly not my project, since I can't compile any project and my project compiles fine on other PCs anyway. Something's going wrong in my PC somewhere and I seriously can't figure out what.

It's starting to get really frustrating.

Dwarfaparte

Yes! When I load my main room from title screen I'm getting unpredictable crashes too! Glad I'm not the only one! :D

Ricoh5A22

Tried to do this and it sadly didn't solve anything.

I really don't know what else I can do at this point. It's clearly not my project, since I can't compile any project and my project compiles fine on other PCs anyway. Something's going wrong in my PC somewhere and I seriously can't figure out what.

It's starting to get really frustrating.
I was trying to think what else could be and I realize that in you log, the last command it get stuck is "cmd" /c subst X:". This is an OS command to assign a letter to a path, and they work successfully for letters Z and Y, but get stuck on letter X. Did not the letter X already assigned to some disk (physical or virtual)?

Khao

I was trying to think what else could be and I realize that in you log, the last command it get stuck is "cmd" /c subst X:". This is an OS command to assign a letter to a path, and they work successfully for letters Z and Y, but get stuck on letter X. Did not the letter X already assigned to some disk (physical or virtual)?
I don't have a disk X, but reading that line I realize now that I only cleaned the AppData\Roaming folder, and not the ProgramData folder. So I was still using the same runtimes I had installed before.

Went back and deleted the runtime folder, and 2.3.1 reinstalled itself when I opened Game Maker. Finally, games are compiling once again! I don't know what could've caused it but the runtime simply broke for some reason. But it's finally fixed!

So you were absolutely right the first time. I just didn't delete every folder. Feel kinda silly now, hahaha. But thanks for the help! Dunno how long it would've taken me to figure that out on my own.

Ricoh5A22

I don't have a disk X, but reading that line I realize now that I only cleaned the AppData\Roaming folder, and not the ProgramData folder. So I was still using the same runtimes I had installed before.

Went back and deleted the runtime folder, and 2.3.1 reinstalled itself when I opened Game Maker. Finally, games are compiling once again! I don't know what could've caused it but the runtime simply broke for some reason. But it's finally fixed!

So you were absolutely right the first time. I just didn't delete every folder. Feel kinda silly now, hahaha. But thanks for the help! Dunno how long it would've taken me to figure that out on my own.

Nice, glad I could help!

Ricoh5A22

I just reinstalled the older version and it seems to work fine again, I'll prob see if something was blocking it but that was super weird.

Did you tried the suggestion bellow? This solved the @Khao problem, maybe previous installation leave some files that is messing with the new version. If you didn't solve the problem yet, worth try.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Regarding those of you having issues with sprites not appearing in-game / not updating in the cache folders when you do builds, we have seen over the last few months that some antivirus clients are causing this issue and you have to re-whitelist GMS2 whenever you do a new GMS2 install (as someone mentioned they have seen themselves earlier in this thread). We do have this listed in our Known Issues FAQs list on the bug-reporting page also.

Any time you have this type of issue, please follow https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...missions-and-Internet-Access-Required-by-GMS2 and ensure your permissions are okay following the new install, rather than editing your runtime installation manually or rolling back versions, etc.

Started the download and was hit with this:
You should see that permissions guide also - looks like an antivirus client is blocking your installation.

The animation end event issue, we now have a ticket reported to us overnight with a sample, so will get that investigated and fixed.

The duplicate global. issue is confirmed to be when you have declared the globals inside functions in scripts - we're fixing this at the moment.

The issue with window_set_size() after window_set_fullscreen(false) was mentioned in the release notes - in order to fix issues with fullscreen occasionally causing GPU lock-ups, window_set_fullscreen() was changed to have the same 10-frame delay that the Alt+Enter command has always used. You need to add a small delay in between your game coming out of fullscreen and the call to change the window size again, then it will be fine. We are looking to add a debug message or similar to message this better in the next release, but you will need to edit your code.

We have reproduced the multiple sounds playing in the sequence editor can cause slowdown/hangs - we're fixing this at the moment.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but I tried both enabling file watcher and disabling it, didn't matter, it only asks me to save or overwrite if .yyp file changed or I added/removed/modified something in root project folder(editing scripts and object events is ignored). Also 'Automatically reload changed files' setting is ticked.
We did end up reproducing an issue here in that if you have the script open inside GMS2 the file watcher will only detect external changes when the script is eventually closed inside the IDE, as you say - we're fixing this at the moment.

Suzerain

Ever since I updated to 2.3.x and I use game_restart for testing purposes, every shader gets messed up and doesn't look right until I exit the game and re-compile/restart the game executable. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm using BktGlitch for the shaders in question, but everything was working fine before.

Is there some sort of change I need to make in order for my shaders to be properly reset when I restart the game, or did I miss something in the documentation for these last two updates? I did have to change a single instance of buffer_set_surface to have 3 arguments instead of 5, but the truncated arguments were zeroes anyway.

I have the same problem as Des Interactive. Is this getting hotfixed or do we have to wait until v2.3.2? Or does anybody know a solution? Exporting to Android doesn't work for my project.

Alyxx

Now when I exit out of fullscreen mode and run my script for resizing the window, it gets stuck in some kind of loop of resizing the window, causing it to get really big and constantly flash.

My script for resizing the window:

GML:
function scr_ScreenMode() {
    if (global.display_mode = 0)
        {
        window_set_fullscreen(false);
        if global.dos_aspect_ratio = 0
            {
            window_set_size(320,200);
            surface_resize(application_surface,320,200);
            }
        if global.dos_aspect_ratio = 1
            {
            window_set_size(320,240);
            surface_resize(application_surface,320,240);
            }
        }
    if (global.display_mode = 1)
        {
            {
            window_set_size(640,400);       
            surface_resize(application_surface,640,400);
            }
            {
            window_set_size(640,480);
            surface_resize(application_surface,640,480);       
            }
        }
    if (global.display_mode = 2)
        {
            {
            window_set_size(1280,800);
            surface_resize(application_surface,1280,800);       
            }
            {
            window_set_size(1280,960);
            surface_resize(application_surface,1280,960);
            }
        }
    if (global.display_mode = 3)
        {
            {
            window_set_fullscreen(true);
            surface_resize(application_surface,1280,800);
            gpu_set_tex_filter(true);
            }
            {
            window_set_fullscreen(true);
            surface_resize(application_surface,1280,960);
            gpu_set_tex_filter(true);
            }
        }
    }
Also, it keeps giving me errors when I try to load my game and run a DS Map check for my objects since I'm storing their state in the save file. The specific error for pretty much every object is:

ds_map_find_value argument 1 incorrect type (undefined) expecting a Number (YYGI32)

I have the following code in the creation event of each object that I want to change the state of:

GML:
key = scr_GameStateGetKey();
var _game_state = ds_map_find_value(ctrl_GameState.game_state,key);
if(!is_undefined(_game_state) && _game_state==false)
    instance_destroy();
else
;
ctrl_GameState Create event:
GML:
/// @description Create DS Map
game_state = ds_map_create();
The scr_GameStateGetKey script:

GML:
function scr_GameStateGetKey() {
    return room_get_name(room)+object_get_name(object_index)+string(x)+string(y);
}
I read the patch notes and came across this:

There are a few functions which previously returned 0 to indicate a success even when the manual says they didn't return anything. These have now all been changed to return "undefined", as 0 was causing issues where some users had code incorrectly checking the return of these functions and then trying to perfom an action, so they were usually accidentally calling the function at index 0 - which is typically camera stuff. If you suddenly find your game is now erroring due to trying to run an "undefined" function, see if this change applies to your code and refactor accordingly.
I guess I will have to try and refactor my code to make it work.

markysoft

Yes! When I load my main room from title screen I'm getting unpredictable crashes too! Glad I'm not the only one! :D
I'm getting this too, seems to happen for me when deleting all objects from a layer then creating new ones, i.e. changing levels in the same room. It doesn't have to be a new room or room restart.

Happens more frequently if I go to the first room quickly after loading, less so if I wait 10 seconds or more.

I can't reproduce consistently so tricky to file a bug report.

On the plus side investigating it made me clean my code up!

meltypixel

I'm getting random crashes as well. I never switch rooms, so it's not that. Downgrading seems to have worked for me too.

EDIT: I never create new layers, either. It's extremely random.

gnysek

Does it apply to all games, or only one? Maybe try with some other existing projects, without modyfiyng them.

Status
Not open for further replies.