OFFICIAL GMS2 Version 2.2.4 (FULL RELEASE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
Release Notes

Runtime Release Notes

This topic is for the discussion of issues relating to the update of GameMaker Studio 2. However, this does not replace our normal bug reporting system and you should report all bugs as normal using https://accounts.yoyogames.com/contact-us

You should post here if:
  • Something has changed between the previous version and this one, breaking your game (ie: code that worked previously now does not)
  • Something reported as fixed in the release notes is not actually fixed
  • You are having IDE or system issues related to something new in this update
  • You are having issues with new features introduced in this version
  • You are having issues updating to this version
  • Everything works and you want to tell us we are great (seriously, let us know if it all works correctly for you)
When reporting issues, please try to add as much information as possible, for example:
  • If the issue is with the IDE, then please give a screenshot if you can to help illustrate the problem
  • If there are error windows, then a link to the "ui.log" file found in the ProgramData folder for GMS2
  • If it is a code issue, then link to or attach a YYZ showing the most basic project possible which exhibits the behaviour
  • If you receive any error dialogues, please screenshot them
  • If it is a system issue (like compiling to a specific target) then please provide details of the PC being used as well as the software versions involved
Again: posting a comment in these release threads is not a replacement for filing a bug!

PLEASE check the Required SDKs FAQ before/during updating to 2.2.4, as a number of the platforms have been updated and require slightly different setups now (in particular Android).

Please note also that the first thing in the IDE release notes says that you will be told your session is invalid and you will need to log in again. This is correct, required, and not a bug.

Hotfix release IDE v2.2.4.474 and Runtime v2.2.4.374 are rolling out 30/10/2019.

IDE Update 465+
  • 0031427: Android: [Mac IDE] File extension filter for AAB packages not shown in Finder dropdown (see the first comment)
  • Reverted an unwanted change to some manual pages for arrays
Runtime Update 373+
  • 0031446: HTML5: Accessing a 2-dimensional array as an argument through a script will crash the page on startup
  • 0031449: iOS: Audio muted after screen is locked
  • Fixed iOS splash screen startup code, so devices which do not have a custom splash screen in Game Options (e.g., iPhone 11) will determine the best splash screen to use, rather than using a small, old default image

Hotfix release IDE v2.2.4.464 and Runtime v2.2.4.372 17/10/2019 - Please update!

IDE Update 464
  • 0031434: Search and Replace: IDE hangs when using "Replace All" on large projects
  • Please also be aware of a change to the HTML5 micro webserver, now mentioned below and also on the runtime release notes
Runtime Update 372
  • 0031442: HTML5: Attached project hangs when comparing two arrays which also reference themselves
  • 0031441: Mac: Xbox One wireless gamepads do not get correct input from D-Pads
  • 0031431: General: Objects with depth < -15998 are not drawn
  • 0031443: HTML5: inconsistent results between HTML5 and windows when using bitwise operators
  • 0031418: Web Server: [Mac IDE] [Catalina] Attempting to run HTML5 target will not create the web server
  • The webserver is now run as a console application on all operating systems, so you won't see the server window any more - instead, you will get server startup/shutdown text in your Output Window log
  • All of the Preferences for controlling the web server still work, so any configuring you used to do in the server UI you can still do via Preferences
  • 0031420: Functions: string_upper/lower() on md5_file() result of a file that does not exist causes crash
  • 0031425: HTML5: Timelines throw an error in browser console about missing event_perform_timeline(), don't start
  • 0031426: HTML5: for() loops that omit sections of the statement/expression will cause a page crash
  • 0031428: Windows YYC: Post-increment optimisation in 2.2.4 causes issues when parsing script arguments array, tries to read off the end
  • Fixed a UWP issue where if you hadn't set your package name, building with the empty default caused issues, so the default is now "Made with GameMaker Studio 2"
  • Fixed a HTML5 obfuscation issue where nested /* comments not being closed properly/individually could cause building the project to get stuck

Hotfix release IDE v2.2.4.459 and Runtime v2.2.4.366 09/10/2019 - Please update!

Fixes an issue with for() loops breaking HTML5 games - that's the only runtime change.

No actual IDE changes, but we tweaked the release notes to make the information that on your first run of 2.2.4 you will have to re-license more prominent and also made sure the "see the runtime release notes" link uses https rather than http, as some browsers won't show the contents of the release notes when viewing the page as http.

If this affects you when you are updating from 2.2.3, simply add the missing s into your address bar and then you will be able to see the release notes. I.e.: http://gms.yoyogames.com/ReleaseNotes.html needs to be https://gms.yoyogames.com/ReleaseNotes.html for your browser to show the page correctly.

Original release IDE v2.2.4.458 and Runtime v2.2.4.364 08/10/2019 - Please update!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Marketplace assets are now live, with updated store descriptions: Apple IAPs, Amazon IAPs, Apple Sign-In, Google Play Services, and Google Push Notifications.

I have also updated the obsolete individual Google IAPs, APK Expansion and Licensing assets to say you should just get the Google Play Services asset instead (as it now contains current versions of these extensions).

kroart

Hm, Just installed new IDE but it does not see new runtime 2.2.4.

UPD. relaunched IDE several times and installation of new Runtime was started.

Last edited:

SIG.

This is awesome but my game was released today, and I'd love some assurance that I won't be forced to make these updates for X amount of time.

YYG has forced users out of beta in the past. Will that be happening now?

H

HW.

:bunny::banana::potato::duck::pickle::squirrel:Finally, this 2.2.4 full release is out!

i had been waiting for the full release since beta1, refreshing this forum, GMS2 required sdk, release notes, bug mantis roadmap, multiple times everyday only to hear this announcement.

so... it is time to work again :)
upgrading all sdk ndk
updating projects from 2.2.3 full to 2.2.4 full....
will need to update extension to match androidx, migrating all apks to appbundles, and more....
will have hectic days but so excited.

i hope this release is stable enough for production release!! and i hope it can pass google console "prelaunch test" successfully...without any deprecated apis, errors complaining etc..

Thank you YYG team for the hard work!!

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
What's all of this about? Is it something to ignore or should I be concerned about it?

View attachment 26927
Is that one of your own extensions (e.g., not one made by us) and are you definitely using IDE 2.2.4 with runtime 2.2.4 (did your runtime definitely update to 2.2.4.362)?

If it's a third party extension, then it might need some editing.

Assuming you are using 2.2.4 IDE and runtimes, can you create a Helpdesk ticket and send us the project .yyz (File > Export inside GMS2) along with your full compiler log as an attached .txt file, please. Then we will review the project.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
:bunny::banana::potato::duck::pickle::squirrel:Finally, this 2.2.4 full release is out!

i had been waiting for the full release since beta1, refreshing this forum, GMS2 required sdk, release notes, bug mantis roadmap, multiple times everyday only to hear this announcement.

so... it is time to work again :)
upgrading all sdk ndk
updating projects from 2.2.3 full to 2.2.4 full....
will need to update extension to match androidx, migrating all apks to appbundles, and more....
will have hectic days but so excited.

i hope this release is stable enough for production release!! and i hope it can pass google console "prelaunch test" successfully...without any deprecated apis, errors complaining etc..

Thank you YYG team for the hard work!!
Have fun. Please do read the Required SDKs FAQ to ensure you're all set up correctly before you begin.

Yes, it does pass Google submission without any errors (no guarantees for third-party extensions, of course...).

You're welcome ;)

SnoutUp

html5Capture.PNG

My runtime updated and previous output errors are gone, but I'm getting this in HTML5 build. I assume this might be what @chmod777 was referencing.

Code:
var gml_g_type = 0 ; for (; yyfless(gml_g_type,227)) ; gml_g_type=yyfplus(gml_g_type,1)) {ds_grid_set( global.gmlgml_std_haxe_type_is, gml_g_type, gml_g_type, 1 )};
This is why I never update to the latest version, but I need that Android 10 support and hopefully working IAP extension.

Last edited:
S

Spyro

On Mac IDE I am receiving a "Safari Can't Connect to the Server" (for 127.0.0.1:51264/index.html) for the HTML5 target, since updating to MacOS Catalina. I can correctly test from my own server and have also checked that Mono is installed correctly. Is this something with the security preferences, 32bit app involved in the process, or something else with the Web Server?

rIKmAN

On Mac IDE I am receiving a "Safari Can't Connect to the Server" (for 127.0.0.1:51264/index.html) for the HTML5 target, since updating to MacOS Catalina. I can correctly test from my own server and have also checked that Mono is installed correctly. Is this something with the security preferences, 32bit app involved in the process, or something else with the Web Server?
It may be that the port is already in use on your system.
Go into File > Preferences > Platform Settings > HTML5 and change the Default Web Server Port and see if that helps.

Last edited:

Greenwitch

Praise the lord for websockets support!

Does this finally mean you can connect HTML5 GMS clients to a server using websockets without having to make the JS custom bindings for them anymore?

LazyTomato

I... can't seem to log in after updating to this version?
I bought a permanent license on steam a long while ago and then linked it to my yoyo account, it still shows up on my account settings too, but for some reason trying to log in after updating makes the program think i have an expired free trial instead... a free trial that's also now showing up on my profile for no reason alongside my full license that I've been using for months.
I'm on the standalone version now, not the steam one, but it was working just fine since the license was (and still is) linked to my account anyway.
I've never had this happen before; is this just some sort of bug with this version specifically? I tried reinstalling the whole thing again but that didn't do anything either.

EDIT: okay yeah redownloading the steam version seemed to renew the license... really hoping i'm not gonna have to constantly do this though because i've been using the standalone version for a while now

Last edited:

Carnivius

This version's broken my game. Only displays a black screen now. I can hear the game but I see nothing but an empty black window. Worked absolutely fine in previous stable versions. What's changed to how it displays the screen?

Gonna try beta runtimes and see where it changed

Last stable working 2.2.3.344
Latest beta working 2.2.3.345
so somewhere in between 2.2.3.345 and 2.2.4.356 something broke. :O

Last edited:

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Whoops, big issue with for statement in html5... (reported, ticket #162960)
Sorry, a reply was meant to have been sent to you yesterday. I saw your post appear, and so I reproduced the issue straight away and we made a fix before you even sent the ticket. We will get an update out asap.

Marketplace assets are now live, with updated store descriptions: Apple IAPs, Amazon IAPs, Apple Sign-In, Google Play Services, and Google Push Notifications.

I have also updated the obsolete individual Google IAPs, APK Expansion and Licensing assets to say you should just get the Google Play Services asset instead (as it now contains current versions of these extensions).
Is there no way to remove the google extensions that's been removed from marketplace and replaced with GP Services to avoid confusion and cluttering our library list? Or should we retain it for those already downloaded for certain reason?

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
So, is it just me or does pausing in the debugger no longer work?
Want to see if it's happening for anyone else before filing bug.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Is there no way to remove the google extensions that's been removed from marketplace and replaced with GP Services to avoid confusion and cluttering our library list? Or should we retain it for those already downloaded for certain reason?
Yeah, you can. Any Marketplace asset you no longer wish to see in My Library can be hidden/disabled via your purchase list on your Purchase History panel. Just untick the relevant checkbox. E.g:

upload_2019-10-9_14-51-1.png

rIKmAN

If you login to your account on the YYG website and go to Settings > Purchase History you will see a list of all your purchased assets.

Clicking More Info on these will slide down to reveal more info, and on the right hand side there is a tickbox labelled "Show in Library".
If you untick that box the asset will no longer show in your library, but this box only shows up if the asset is free ($0.00) and you cannot remove paid for assets from showing in your library (for obvious reasons).

edit: Ninja'd by Dan haha.

On that note @Dan, Russell said it's a known issue with the enbedded Chromium Framework and I'm not sure if a bug should be filed if it's already known about, but none of the pages such as My Purchase History work when loaded through the IDE Marketplace Menu.

It never remembers your details so you have to login each time, and none of the buttons work when the page loads.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Hotfix release for the HTML5 issue is out now.

Full details in the top post on this page, but tl;dr it's just a fix for HTML5 for() loops crashing pages and a couple of tweaks to the release notes. No other changes.

That means it's still there just no longer visible. I guess that's the only current alternative to prevent accidentally importing the obsolete extension. Probably for the better in case we still need it. :)

Ricardo

What a shame the HTML5 module is broken
Hotfix release for the HTML5 issue is out now.

Full details in the top post on this page, but tl;dr it's just a fix for HTML5 for() loops crashing pages and a couple of tweaks to the release notes. No other changes.
Hey Dan, I managed to got IDE 2.2.4.459, but runtime 2.2.4.366 still doesn't appear in the Beta channel.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
That means it's still there just no longer visible. I guess that's the only current alternative to prevent accidentally importing the obsolete extension. Probably for the better in case we still need it. :)
You don't need the old "solo" versions - they haven't been updated, so they won't build in 2.2.4, and the upcoming Google Play submission requirement changes mean you really want to use 2.2.4 and the new build tools if you're doing anything Android/Google anyway.

However, FYI, when I did a quick check of that manifest checkbox earlier it failed to hide my assets in My Library, so I have reported a bug to our web team.

What a shame the HTML5 module is broken

Hey Dan, I managed to got IDE 2.2.4.459, but runtime 2.2.4.366 still doesn't appear in the Beta channel.
Yeah, as mentioned by chmod777 above, it's the master feed we're talking about. The beta channel never had this HTML5 issue, as it was only introduced when going to stable.

Ricardo

Yeah, as mentioned by chmod777 above, it's the master feed we're talking about. The beta channel never had this HTML5 issue, as it was only introduced when going to stable.
.366 wasn't even appearing in the Master channel for me, that's why I mentioned the Beta channel thinking it should appear there. Anyways, .366 now has appeared and installed.

snowgames

just upgraded to 2.2.4 with new google play extensions....seemed to work before I tested on iOS.
It's having problems with xcode.
It still shows ConsentForm error.

*EDIT* Okay I found a work around on this.
Just in case anyone have same problems.

This only happens if you use virtual device on xcode.
Googleplayservices extension adds consentform headers which also adds PersonalizedAdConsent framework in xcode. This prevents xcode from building and running on virtual devices(architecture x86-PersonalizedAdConsent framework doesn't support it).

Work around is not using(unticking) google services extensions for iOS when you need to test on virtual device. For physical devices you can still use google services extension.

Attachments

Last edited:
You don't need the old "solo" versions - they haven't been updated, so they won't build in 2.2.4, and the upcoming Google Play submission requirement changes mean you really want to use 2.2.4 and the new build tools if you're doing anything Android/Google anyway.

However, FYI, when I did a quick check of that manifest checkbox earlier it failed to hide my assets in My Library, so I have reported a bug to our web team.
Sorry for the late response, my area's internet service was down for over 18 hours. It just got restored.
Anyway, thanks for checking on the above, in that case I've to wait until a fix it done before hiding them. :)

For HTML5, there seems to be a bug with "with()".

For example:

If you change rooms after obj_test1 executes "with(obj_test2)", then obj_test2 seems to freeze its own running alarm. obj_test2 is a persistent object.

This code that I have worked before updating to 2.2.4.

show_debug_message(); also doesn't show up in the HTML5 console for me.

Ricardo

For HTML5, there seems to be a bug with "with()".

For example:

If you change rooms after obj_test1 executes "with(obj_test2)", then obj_test2 seems to freeze its own running alarm. obj_test2 is a persistent object.

This code that I have worked before updating to 2.2.4.

show_debug_message(); also doesn't show up in the HTML5 console for me.
There seems to be several HTML5 issues with this release. Please, make and example and file a bug asap.

COWCAT

Updated, everything seems to work fine for my super complex game in development :) (only tested the Windows export though)

chorrus

In App Purchases are really driving me crazy in 2.2.4

I have tried updating them in both, Android and iOS. None of them are working for me and I have followed step by step the helpdesk article. Please review that article and test it to make sure it is working for you because I really doubt it. I can't update my games until this is solved and I am sure a lot of people are having or will have this same issues.

Is it working for someone?

Thanks

[EDIT]
OK, please ignore my post. It was a completely stupid mistake on my part and everything is now working properly. I had inadvertently pasted something into one of the code windows without realising it and it was that that was kicking things out. It just happened to be unlucky that it happened immediately after I had updated and I assumed it was the update.

------------

New user here so apologies if I've done something wrong.
I updated to the latest version last night everything seemed to be Ok until I tried to run my game at which point it fails with the following error...
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono exited with non-zero status (1)

elapsed time 00:00:03.4035240s for command "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono" /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/bin/Igor.exe -j=8 -options="/var/folders/49/krsm94yd72n2xtxgklc_376w0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -v -- Mac Run started at 10/12/2019 10:17:54
FAILED: Run Program Complete
I've installed the latest version of mono, restarted the computer etc..
I'm on a 2019 Macbook Pro running macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave).

Is there a way to revert back to the previous version of the IDE (I can't seem to find a link to it anywhere).
Many thanks.

Last edited:

Carnivius

This version's broken my game. Only displays a black screen now. I can hear the game but I see nothing but an empty black window. Worked absolutely fine in previous stable versions. What's changed to how it displays the screen?

Gonna try beta runtimes and see where it changed

Last stable working 2.2.3.344
Latest beta working 2.2.3.345
so somewhere in between 2.2.3.345 and 2.2.4.356 something broke. :O
Am i the only one having this issue then? Pure black screen on the very latest runtime too.

snowgames

Am i the only one having this issue then? Pure black screen on the very latest runtime too.
I had similar problem with this version. Music playing while nothing showing up for gui layer code for an object that was working on other runtime.

What I did was changing the number of depth for the object. Before -1000000 for an object that I wanted to draw last was ok and on other exports it still works but for windows too much zeros(or low/high number) such as these are kicking everything out and not displaying correctly.

Lowering the depth number difference solved for me. Hope it works

Carnivius

I had similar problem with this version. Music playing while nothing showing up for gui layer code for an object that was working on other runtime.

What I did was changing the number of depth for the object. Before -1000000 for an object that I wanted to draw last was ok and on other exports it still works but for windows too much zeros(or low/high number) such as these are kicking everything out and not displaying correctly.

Lowering the depth number difference solved for me. Hope it works
THANK YOU!

Yes my main system object which handles all the screen drawing and other general stuffs was being created at -99999 depth so I lopped off a 9 to make it -9999 and it displays perfectly again. I know the depth numbers got massively reduced when things switched to the GMS2 layer system but I had no idea it got reduced further between those couple recent update. Didn't even occur to me that could be the issue so thank you very much. I can now use the latest runtime. :)

You should be the one using my avatar cos you just saved me a lot of hassle and confusion. :) Have a good day. :D

kroart

Only I have an issue with debugger on Android? When I'm trying to debug I get just black screen on the Android device.

snowgames

In App Purchases are really driving me crazy in 2.2.4

I have tried updating them in both, Android and iOS. None of them are working for me and I have followed step by step the helpdesk article. Please review that article and test it to make sure it is working for you because I really doubt it. I can't update my games until this is solved and I am sure a lot of people are having or will have this same issues.

Is it working for someone?

Thanks
I'm working on it as well. Don't think I'll have time to test it until tomorrow but there are quite a lot of crucial typos for the sample codes in helpdesk article.
For example, for Purchasing a Product part on android, "GPBilling_StoreIsConnected()" is wrong function and should be "GPBilling_IsStoreConnected()" and also vars are inconsistenly used like "_map" is used with "map"

Another one would be on "gpb_iap_receipt" part for android, help desk put
var _json = async_load[? "response_json"];
var _map = json_decode(response_json); (x) //////bold and italic part should be fixed which should be changed to
var _map = json_decode(_json); (o)

if you look little bit below there is another typo on the same code for gpb_iap_receipt
var _plist = ds_map_find_value(_map, "purchases");
for (var i = 0; i < ds_list_size(purchases); ++i; ) (x) //////purchases is typo should search for _plist so it should be
for (var i = 0; i < ds_list_size(_plist); ++i; ) (o)

Also if you copied and pasted the sample codes, make sure you erase and change quotation marks on your own as it won't get recognized as it should.

So if you go through all the codes, you'll notice that you have to make some changes for typos to implement it. Hope this helps.

snowgames

So, I can't get over "Unable to get a valid license" even after checking testers to "Licensed" Need this to pass to check Googleplay IAP....
Nothing I can do currently...filed a bug report

Attachments

chorrus

So, I can't get over "Unable to get a valid license" even after checking testers to "Licensed" Need this to pass to check Googleplay IAP....
Nothing I can do currently...filed a bug report
You probably have the Google Play licensing extension in your project, delete it and it should be solved. I can't find the Enable Google play Licensing button anymore, so I guess that if you have in your project it is automatically enabled.

That tick box been removed since beta 2.2.4, that's why you saw it missing. With 2.2.4, you need to use Google Play Services extension not Google Play Licensing extension, to enable licensing etc.

chorrus

That tick box been removed since beta 2.2.4, that's why you saw it missing. With 2.2.4, you need to use Google Play Services extension not Google Play Licensing extension, to enable licensing etc.
Hmmm... Can't it manually be disabled now? That is pretty bad for free to play games.
EDIT: It does come in a separate extension, I believe simply deleting solves the problem.

chirpy

Hmmm... Can't it manually be disabled now? That is pretty bad for free to play games.
EDIT: It does come in a separate extension, I believe simply deleting solves the problem.
I was able to test IAP using a closed alpha track today. I don’t know how related it is, but I did delete the licensing extension first and foremost since I have no plan to use it. I did not see such a license issue. I’m using latest 2.2.4 ide and runtime, also manually updated gradle injection settings to latest billing 2.0.3 but I don’t think it matters. My final test was on a physical device, which went more smoothly. Emulator didn’t allow me to install my aab build somehow.

Besides forgetting to even sign in to any google account on my new emulator (gms2 and new android billing silently failed to connect; I thought android used to pop up a dialog to force me sign in on such cases),

The other things I did were mostly on google play console side, including uploading a new aab build (it’s said to be needed after api updates) and double checking everywhere about my tester accounts (see ref link). It took some waiting time for google to process, but after I saw my build in play store, my IAP result also went from “item unavailable” to normal success.

ref: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13117081/the-item-you-requested-is-not-available-for-purchase

Edit: Thanks YYG for the hardwork! :) Although I locally cursed the update it is really great to be able to build aab and use gradle 5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.