OFFICIAL GMS2 Version 2.2.3 (FULL RELEASE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

martijndh

I'd like to report a few things that broke in my game as a direct result after upgrading from 2.2.1.375 to 2.2.3.436.

1. Object x,y coordinates set at (for example) integer 3 are no longer actually 3 (in the debugger) but a tiny (continuously growing) amount more due to seemingly random digits past the nth decimal. I'm guessing because coordinates are now handled as floats or something. This is annoying (and potentially gamebreaking) when using complex calculations and depending on all decimal values.

This one I properly reported but I got a dismissive response stating that such small values are not actually an issue worth bothering with btw. If that can be backed up by some further logic then fair enough, but right now I am really unmotivated to properly report the other stuff I come across. (Aside from still mentioning it here to maybe still help other users).

2. The WITH function in one situation did not detect all instances of a parent object in my game. I could reproduce this phenomona consistently so at first I assumed I just accidently disabled some objects. But: in the code the INSTANCE_NUMBER and INSTANCE_FIND functions together where still able to find all instances when performed in either the line directly before or after this "bugged" WITH usage. NOTE: I also tested this with nothing in the WITH function, except for a simple counting variable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.