OFFICIAL GMS2 Version 2.2.3 (BETA RELEASE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Yeah, we don't have any issues either, so that's why I was asking for a full compiler log. I'm sure we'll figure it out ;)

rIKmAN

@Dan I finally got 2.2.3 to crash!
Well it wasn't a "crash" it was a "GMS2 has become unstable, please save your work and close" message but it's such a nice change to be actually celebrating the IDE crashing that I got carried away haha.

I was trying to change the size of a font that was imported as part of an extension, but I haven't been able to reproduce it and was able to commit then save, exit and reload the project without issue so not sure what the problem was.

I'd had the IDE open for a good few hours and imported / deleted a fair amount of resources, run the game loads of times etc so it may be a one off, if I can reliably reproduce it I'll post the details.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Hah, thanks - would need your ui.log in order to see the error, so if you could send that to the Helpdesk that would be great.

FYI, though, those "unstable" dialogs are not currently covered by the new crash-reporting system - that is a planned future upgrade of the feature.

And yeah. we're the same in celebrating crashes nowadays - not a bad place to be in. Made the testing of the new crash-reporting dialog a challenge, though... ;)

T

theroarer

Weird thing I noticed. My fps in the ide drops to single digits, but then jumps up to fullspeed (whatever the maximum is set to) only if I have a menu open (preferences or even the about page).

Gonna do some testing to double check and reproduce this. Just thought I would leave a note.

Cpu: 4590
Gpu: vega 64
Ram: 16gb

T

theroarer

Went ahead after trying a ton of things: reinstalling drivers, reinstalling gms2, trying different gms2 builds, I made sure my gpu is running full bore, my cpu is running full bore, totally empty project, ect.

No idea what is happening, but

I mean, it's a total "non-issue", because it can be solved just by keeping the about page open. Just wanted to make it known.

Ricardo

Went ahead after trying a ton of things: reinstalling drivers, reinstalling gms2, trying different gms2 builds, I made sure my gpu is running full bore, my cpu is running full bore, totally empty project, ect.

No idea what is happening, but

I mean, it's a total "non-issue", because it can be solved just by keeping the about page open. Just wanted to make it known.
I've also being experiencing this performance drop in the latest betas. For me, it is specially noticeable when typing fast: the IDE freezes for a fraction of a second and that's enough to have bad input so not all the things I typed appear.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I've also being experiencing this performance drop in the latest betas. For me, it is specially noticeable when typing fast: the IDE freezes for a fraction of a second and that's enough to have bad input so not all the things I typed appear
Is this fixed if you turn this Preference off?

upload_2019-7-3_16-12-1.png

Hyomoto

The stability has certainly gone up, I constantly make new projects to toy around with coding challenges or other ideas and GM2, for a while, used to freeze up at least 60% of the time when I'd try to make a new project. Since the 2.2.3 release I've been making projects left and right (enjoying the new local packages) without that problem at all!

Ricardo

Is this fixed if you turn this Preference off?

View attachment 25560
Now typing is a lot smoother when that option is disabled, thanks!
I consider that my PC is quite good (7700k, 2080ti, 32 RAM, m.2. SSD), so I found weird that option is causing so much lag. Is that lag expected, or are you guys looking into the issue?

Hyomoto

We have similar systems. I have 32gb with a 7700k and a 1080 Ti but I wouldn't say I'm experiencing lag. Given how much I type I'm fairly sensitive to hiccups, and I can tap out 140 words a minute on a good day. Is this constant or just something that happens occasionally? I'll admit I haven't done anything major, just a few hundred lines. Based on your description I assume I'd have seen it. Any other possible interferences?

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
or are you guys looking into the issue?
We'd need your project and some "repro steps" in order to analyse why it's tripping up over your code. If you could create a Helpdesk ticket and give us a .yyz, then we can try it here.

However, before you do that, what are these two set to?
upload_2019-7-4_12-6-27.png

If they're lower for you than the above values, please try resetting them and then also re-enabling the other Preference and confirm if everything is okay or not.

Ricardo

We'd need your project and some "repro steps" in order to analyse why it's tripping up over your code. If you could create a Helpdesk ticket and give us a .yyz, then we can try it here.

However, before you do that, what are these two set to?
View attachment 25580

If they're lower for you than the above values, please try resetting them and then also re-enabling the other Preference and confirm if everything is okay or not.
Disabling "Enable variable reference warnings" was enough and typing is smooth now.
The project I was experiencing input lag/bad input is a massive one full of code, so maybe that's the cause.

D

Dawn

Where can I turn off the sandbox limitation thing?

EDIT: Oh nvm it's in the options not preference

Do I need to worry about already existing directory path strings after turning off the option?

funkygallo

Does it fix itself if you adjust the width of the panel or choose Layouts > Reset Layout from the top menu in the IDE?

Are you using a skin?
No skin in use.
But if I close and reopen the room layout, the problem vanishes.
I will try to resize the panel the next time it happens (It has happened to me three times since I installed version 2.3.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.