1. Hey! Guest! The 32nd GMC Jam will take place between Feb 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and Feb 25th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL GMS2 Version 2.2.2 (BETA RELEASE)

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by rmanthorp, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Hyomoto

Hyomoto Member

I think you have some other issue going on that maybe I'm just not understanding, but the character positions in the string "1234" have always been 1, 2, 3 and 4. Strings never started at 0 in GML, at least not in the decade I've been using it.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019 at 12:20 PM
  2. SnortySnoopy

SnortySnoopy Member

Yes, I've opted in. The IDE for the standalone remain at v.2.2.1.375 not v.2.2.2. as mentioned by Dan. Also the runtime beta available in the preference list is v2.2.2.302 not 2.2.2.308. The link sends me to this article, but no download link :
    GameMaker Studio 2 Release Notes
    Version 2.2.1.374 Download
    Mon, 03 Dec 2018 18:00:06 Z

Do you mean that I should redownload-reinstall the GMS2.exe from YoYo website all over again? Is it how it's done to gain access to the latest IDE v.2.2.2? If yes, I'll redownload and reinstall. Thanks.

3. BaBiA Game Studio

BaBiA Game Studio Member

That link works fine for me, and shows me the beta release notes and the download for 2.2.2.393:
    GameMaker Studio 2 Release Notes
    Version 2.2.2.393 Download
    Thu, 07 Feb 2019 15:14:28 Z

Can you download 2.2.2 from this download link?

4. TheSpydog

TheSpydog Member

Try manually clearing your browser's cache. I've noticed that release note pages tend to be cached and resist updating for some reason, even when refreshing the browser.

5. SnortySnoopy

SnortySnoopy Member

The beta release note link still shows me the older version, weird. But anyway, I clicked on the direct link you gave, I can download the exe from it. Thank you.
    You might be right. I'll give this a try. Chrome can be annoying. I've experienced a similar case with a site where I can't access a site through it but can via other browser. However in this case, other browser return the same older beta release info. LOL.

Edit:
    Did it, yup! You're right. This shouldn't have happen, but it does. Someone will need to review this sort of case, as it effect the IDE from receiving correct RSS update.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 1:30 AM