• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

OFFICIAL GMS2 Version 2.2.1 (FULL RELEASE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meltypixel

I'd like to bring the YoYo team's attention to audio_emitter_velocity again, which hasn't functioned properly since 2017, I believe. Last year, I filed a bug regarding audio crackling when using the feature. The crackling was removed, but so was the doppler effect, which is what audio_emitter_velocity is for.

It was a bit like fixing a flickering light by removing the lightbulb entirely.

I brought this up in October of last year, and a note was added to the bug that "some intended functionality" was inadvertently removed, but the truth is that all functionality was removed.

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
I'd like to bring the YoYo team's attention to audio_emitter_velocity again, which hasn't functioned properly since 2017, I believe. Last year, I filed a bug regarding audio crackling when using the feature. The crackling was removed, but so was the doppler effect, which is what audio_emitter_velocity is for.

It was a bit like fixing a flickering light by removing the lightbulb entirely.

I brought this up in October of last year, and a note was added to the bug that "some intended functionality" was inadvertently removed, but the truth is that all functionality was removed.
Hey, have you filed a bug for the removal and latest state of audio_emitter_velocity? We believe it was fixed, so if that's not the case in the latest version please file a bug with all the relevant information and we will take a look. Thanks.

meltypixel

Hey, have you filed a bug for the removal and latest state of audio_emitter_velocity? We believe it was fixed, so if that's not the case in the latest version please file a bug with all the relevant information and we will take a look. Thanks.
I did back in October, but I was contacted via email and told that it was related to an "existing issue" and so it was marked as solved. The same old doppler test project I submitted with the initial bug report still does not have a doppler effect working in the latest version, although I haven't tried the beta.

M

MarceloP

Well, I noticed that draw_sprite_general just stopped working on Webgl. Dunno if it was working in the previous version, since I updated it at least 2 versions. If necessary I'll file a bug report but, if you guys are already aware of this, I'll just wait.

----- Edited -----
It still works. Should be me messing up something =(

Last edited by a moderator:

DukeSoft

Well, I noticed that draw_sprite_general just stopped working on Webgl. Dunno if it was working in the previous version, since I updated it at least 2 versions. If necessary I'll file a bug report but, if you guys are already aware of this, I'll just wait.
best to just submit a bugreport if you can reproduce it. Whether its already filed or not is up to someone who gets paid to check that :+)

Hmm... I finally decided to download the copy from YoYo so that I might gain access to the beta channel, as my Steam ver still waiting for the beta 2.2.1 runtime to be released as stable. But after doing so, I still can't see the opt in/out where it should be according to the documentation. So I ended up deleting it after unable to access it after login/out. I've already "mobile" and "desktop" in my pc, having another copy that has no difference, is waste of precious disk space. But I really do need the ability to implement adaptive icons and the removed dependency, as is I might have to use the workaround method again. I'd have expected both Steam and Yoyo ver have the same ability to allow users to opt in or out from beta releases. Feel left out because of this. :(

Hmm... I finally decided to download the copy from YoYo so that I might gain access to the beta channel, as my Steam ver still waiting for the beta 2.2.1 runtime to be released as stable. But after doing so, I still can't see the opt in/out where it should be according to the documentation. So I ended up deleting it after unable to access it after login/out. I've already "mobile" and "desktop" in my pc, having another copy that has no difference, is waste of precious disk space. But I really do need the ability to implement adaptive icons and the removed dependency, as is I might have to use the workaround method again. I'd have expected both Steam and Yoyo ver have the same ability to allow users to opt in or out from beta releases. Feel left out because of this. :(
Here are the opt in instructions:

https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018353352

Do you not see the beta opt in settings in your preferences?

Can you post a screen shot of your preferences?

I followed it to the dot, both linking the Steam account to the YoYo account, and then downloading the standalone GMS2. Did login/out also. But the beta channel under runtime in preference is simply not there.

I can't present any screenshot because I deleted the standalone already. I'm back to using the steam (developer) ver. which should have been eligible for the beta, no?

Yeah it should be there on the standalone version. I can only suggest at this point contacting the help desk.

I followed it to the dot, both linking the Steam account to the YoYo account, and then downloading the standalone GMS2. Did login/out also. But the beta channel under runtime in preference is simply not there.

I can't present any screenshot because I deleted the standalone already. I'm back to using the steam (developer) ver. which should have been eligible for the beta, no?

Might have to. Because I just tried again to reassure myself I've done the steps correctly. Sure enough it's still not showing. No "beta channel" below "Runtime" in Preference after login to the standalone which I purposely install to different drive. Even made sure I've properly logout from the existing GMS2 Steam ver. YoYo should really consider adding "beta channel" for Steam users as well, whether they opt in or not, it should be up to the users. As is the upgrade from beta to stable is slow and with no estimated time when it will happen, many will opt to take the risk than wait for uncertain amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.