• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

OFFICIAL GMS2 Version 2.1.5

kupo15

ALSO --- DO NOT place your project in dropbox, google cloud folder, Azure cloud, etc. Any of these can cause problems. Just use GIT (I honestly suggest using tortoise shell extensions and not the build in GIT.)
How does this work and set up? Do you download GIT, then download TortoiseGIT then put your project folder in a GIT Tortoise linked folder? Does it automatically save to GIT using Tortoise when you save/compile or do you have to manually save the file to GIT?

I think if someone made a tutorial on this that would be very helpful. I still use DB and would like to get out of it since everyone says its so bad to use with GM

Jack S

How does this work and set up? Do you download GIT, then download TortoiseGIT then put your project folder in a GIT Tortoise linked folder? Does it automatically save to GIT using Tortoise when you save/compile or do you have to manually save the file to GIT?

I think if someone made a tutorial on this that would be very helpful. I still use DB and would like to get out of it since everyone says its so bad to use with GM
Tortoise is a windows shell extension that uses git. It's not separate from GIT it just integrates it into windows and provides some tools like history and merge views.

Install GIT for windows, install Tortoise, you can then create a GIT repo in any folder you want through the right click menu. Start your project in that folder and use the right click menu commands to commit / push / pull. Any GIT tutorial for any language on windows will cover this as this is defacto working with GIT and has nothing to do with GMS if you do it like this. You can also configure your project so it knows it's in a GIT repo and technically use either the in GMS commands or the Tortoise commands.

If you like full GUI you might also consider SourceTree - it's good but I like the merge tools that come with tortoise better.

martijndh

This latest update messes with my max framerate (and full screen draw events). I came across the issue instantly but didn't have the time for proper testing untill now.

The testcase:
I create a new project (60 fps) with 1 object, that draw(=GUI) the fps, draws (=GUI) the fps_real values and a button event to alternate window_set_fullscreen()

The results:
In 2.14 windowed mode: the fps is 60 fps (and fps_real 10,000+). The text is displayed as intended.
In 2.14 full screen: the fps is 60 fps (and fps_real 10,000+). The text is displayed the same size as in windowed mode.

In 2.15 windowed mode: the fps is 45 fps (and fps_real 10,000+). The text is displayed as intended
In 2.15 full screen: the fps is 45 fps (and fps_real 10,000+). The text is displayed blocky, likely because it's being stretched to a window 2x the size.
(Note: if I press the windows button to exit the game and return the fps drops to 45 fps as well. Using the game to alternate back to fullscreen results in 60 fps again)

I'm running windows 7.

Any idea's what it might be so I can maybe try a work-around?

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
Hey, just a note that we are aware XCode 10 released today - and with that macOS YYC has a build issue. We have a fix for this in the next release but we currently testing a temporary quick-fix that should be available soon, that can be applied to the current runtime.

Jack S

Hey, just a note that we are aware XCode 10 released today - and with that macOS YYC has a build issue. We have a fix for this in the next release but we currently testing a temporary quick-fix that should be available soon, that can be applied to the current runtime.
While that's great - are you going to get us a fix for Android API 23 devices not working with the current runtime and ndk16b ??? This is a hard ship blocker for anyone supporting Android projects.

Slyddar

I've been putting off updating, but did it today, now I have this awful double click to open event feature. Did anyone find a workaround to go back to what it's been like for years? This way seems very painful.

clee2005

ALSO --- DO NOT place your project in dropbox, google cloud folder, Azure cloud, etc. Any of these can cause problems.
I just want to say that my experience with Dropbox is nothing but fantastic! I've tried other syncing software and did have trouble, but Dropbox with GMS2 across my Macs and PCs works flawlessly for the last 3 years. I would recommend it. I also use GIT on top of it and automated backups... but because I work in different locations on different machines, Dropbox is essential. I work at one machine, then just walk away and start working on another and it picks up perfectly.