• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

OFFICIAL GMS2 Version 2.1.0.212

E

EmotionalRobot

Q- Where do I delete my current IDE and reinstall GMS2 on my Mac? GMS2 will not let me run any rooms. That's the reason I want to delete it.

I'm new to Mac and GMS2. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Dog Slobber

I have a nasty Mac IDE bug that deletes everyone of my projects (The content of /users/name/GameMakerStudio2) whenever I clean.

GM2: v2.1.0.212
Runtime: v2.1.0.144

I have a project that was created on GM2 (Windows) and moved to GM2 Mac. When I click the clean button, I get an error dialog box stating the project was deleted, and every project in directory /users/name/GameMakerStudio2 is deleted.

I lost every project on my system, luckily I am well backed up.

I reported this bug on September 18, and am very disappointed that a bug as siginicant as deleting every project on my system still hasn't even been acknowledged.

G

Guest User

Q- Where do I delete my current IDE and reinstall GMS2 on my Mac? GMS2 will not let me run any rooms. That's the reason I want to delete it.
idk how Macs work but if it's not different than Windows then you uninstall GMS2 like any other program. you can re-download the GMS2 installer for the current or previous versions of the IDE on the YoYoGames website by logging in and downloading it from your Licenses page.

E

EmotionalRobot

idk how Macs work but if it's not different than Windows then you uninstall GMS2 like any other program. you can re-download the GMS2 installer for the current or previous versions of the IDE on the YoYoGames website by logging in and downloading it from your Licenses page.
So I deleted GMS2 from my Mac and the same problem is still ocurring. The results are depressing, but it was expected. Well whenever YoYoGames decides to fix the issues with Mac I can start using it. For now I'm forced to go back to PC. Thanks for the help.