• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

UWP GMS2 UWP & Microsoft Partnership

rIKmAN

I've seen a load of tweets, retweets and articles regarding the new partnership with Gamemaker 2 UWP and Microsoft / Xbox Live Creators Program, and am wondering what the partnership means for the end user?

The UWP target had/has some bugs, but it already worked with the XB1 via Creators Program so I'm curious as to what the partnership actually means.

1. Is it just a PR thing?
  2. Does it mean more time/focus will be spent on the export with regards to bug fixing, new features and support now it's officially partnered with MS?
  3. Will there be any perks for GMS2 UWP users using the Creative program to submit games?
  4. What does it actually mean in practical terms for the end user?

UWP i the only export I don't own (mainly due to the full screen / mouse cursor bugs which were around for quite a while) so I am just interested in what the "Official partnership" that has been announced might mean with regards to changes / support / updates etc for the export going forward.

Gonna tag you @rwkay as you seem to the goto guy for UWP stuff, sorry!

Cheers.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
It is a PR thing but not just a PR thing... we have Microsoft support and we will be putting in time and effort into the module and MS are more aware and will be promoting it as well (this should help with getting upstream issues fixed)

We want to promote the module so we can justify the addition of more features as well so it is intended to be a virtuous circle.

Russell

rIKmAN

It is a PR thing but not just a PR thing... we have Microsoft support and we will be putting in time and effort into the module and MS are more aware and will be promoting it as well (this should help with getting upstream issues fixed)

We want to promote the module so we can justify the addition of more features as well so it is intended to be a virtuous circle.

Russell
Ah well that sounds pretty positive, good stuff!

Thanks for the info Russel.

Electros

UWP i the only export I don't own (mainly due to the full screen / mouse cursor bugs which were around for quite a while)
The cursor bug is fixed (hooray!), pretty sure full screen is too (though I did use the workaround before, can't remember).

That reminds me, I have encountered a couple of other issues though I should get them raised if they are not already...

The UWP module I think is great in general though, really useful being able to parallel test on PC and console.