OFFICIAL GMS2 tvOS Export 2.2.3

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by rmanthorp, Jun 5, 2019.

1. rmanthorp

rmanthorp YoYo Games Staff Admin YYG Staff

Beta IDE Release Notes
    Beta Runtime Release Notes
    Beta Opt-In FAQ
     (How to get on the Beta Channel)

This topic is for the discussion of issues relating to tvOS Export. However, this does not replace our normal bug reporting system and you should report all bugs as normal using https://accounts.yoyogames.com/contact-us#studio2

Goal: Feedback for the tvOS Export. Projects running on tvOS. Any issues with the options. Platform fixes.

• Added tvOS as a new supported target platform
    • Also adds support for the Siri gamepad/remote
    • See the manual and our setup guides on Zendesk for more info
    • Note: Requires 2.2.3+ IDE also

NOTE 1: Development was completed before Apple released all their new beta Xcode/iOS/iPadOS/tvOS tools recently, so whilst we have quickly reviewed and all seems to be okay with these beta SDKs, we are still confirming that sending store builds is okay, etc., and so if anyone has feedback on this we're super-keen to hear it.

NOTE 2: Please be aware that all versions of the IDE from 2.1.5 onwards have known about tvOS, so the target will now appear in those IDEs. However, you should only test tvOS using the 2.2.3 IDE and runtimes, as this is the only version which is aware of the current Xcode/tvOS SDK versions.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2019
    chorrus likes this.
  2. TheSpydog

TheSpydog Member

In the "What's New in 2.2.3" announcement, none of the tvOS Helpdesk articles seem to be publicly viewable. When I click the links, I get kicked to an error screen that reads: "oops. You're not allowed to access this page."

3. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

Thanks for pointing this out! There was a minor issue with permissions which should now be fixed. Could you check again and let me know if they are visible now please?

TheSpydog likes this.
  4. Anuj Raghav

Anuj Raghav Member

updated the gms2 to latest version 2.2.3
    updated the runtimes to latest beta , still no tvOS option showing in targets or in platform settings

gms issues.png

5. Nocturne

Log out of GMS2 (from the "help" menu) then restart and log in again. Sometimes licence updates need a new session to be started (assuming you have the Mobile licence, of course!). See: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001219911-Updating-a-License

6. Anuj Raghav

Anuj Raghav Member

nope still the same .
    logged out file-> logout .
    logged in but still no tvOS .
    gms issues.png

7. TheSpydog

TheSpydog Member

Yep, that fixed it! Thanks! :)

8. Anuj Raghav

Anuj Raghav Member

i cleaned the run-times , opted out of beta , logged out , logged back in , opted in for beta
    updated run-times... but no use , still no tvOS option

9. Nocturne

Okay, then you'll need to file a report with YYG and get them to look at it.

10. Amon

Amon Member

Same here. I'll file a support ticket.

11. Dan

Dan YoYo Games Staff YYG Staff

That's tvOS enabled for everyone now. We needed a bit of time to make sure that the beta went out okay yesterday before we turned everything on - you guys are just super-eager! ;) (Which is great...)

You will definitely need to restart GMS2 to see the change and you might find you need to log out and in again, depending on which version of GMS2 you're using.

Please be aware that all versions of the IDE from 2.1.5 onwards have known about tvOS, so the target will now appear in those IDEs. However, you should only test tvOS using the 2.2.3 IDE and runtimes, as this is the only version which is aware of the current Xcode/tvOS SDK versions.

12. Anuj Raghav

Anuj Raghav Member

thanks , it appeared magically with run-time update :)
    issue resolved .
    thanks yoyogames.

13. tjuven

tjuven Member

If I have an universal app that I want to export for Apple TV is it then possible to detect the os with os_type?

14. Guidry Games

Guidry Games Member

I can't seem to get my export on to the Apple Tv. This error keeps occurring. I created just a simple test app and it works fine. But not any of my other projects. Some of them did work a few days ago but not anymore. Any ideas?

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono DONE (0)
    The given key (copyToTargets) was not present in the dictionary.
    Igor complete.

elapsed time 00:00:18.4676500s for command "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono" /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.3.337/bin/Igor.exe -j=8 -options="/var/folders/74/bwwp4chd6z5d75w42k_fq52m0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -v -- tvos Run started at 06/09/2019 17:27:13
    FAILED: Run Program Complete

15. Nocturne

16. Guidry Games

Guidry Games Member

I found that i had Mono 5.x and uninstalled from my mac. Followed the link you gave and reinstalled Mono. Now I'm getting this. Do I need to downgrade my tvOS version?

cp DONE (0)
    Device is on os 12.3
    tvOS SDK is 12.2
    Missing or corrupt GameMaker build tools : 0x4F030001

elapsed time 00:00:10.8498380s for command "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono" /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.3.337/bin/Igor.exe -j=8 -options="/var/folders/74/bwwp4chd6z5d75w42k_fq52m0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -v -- tvos Run started at 06/09/2019 17:50:36
    FAILED: Run Program Complete

chorrus likes this.
  17. chorrus

chorrus Member

I'm getting this in Xcode
    This Apple TV (4th generation) is running tvOS 12.3 , which may not be supported by this version of Xcode.
    I'm running the latest version of Xcode so I believe the problem is somewhere else. Has anyone been able to build an app in tvOS 12.3?

18. chorrus

chorrus Member

Actually I have been able, I have downloaded Xcode Beta and everything works fine now :D

19. chorrus

chorrus Member

Okay, after some more testing I've noticed that scaling isn't working fine I'll try it some different TVs to see if I can understand better the issue. I've also noticed .ini files aren't being saved something that completely breaks games(hopefully I'm doing something wrong and has an easy fix but everything works in every other platform)

20. siread

siread Member

Sorry for posting this issue twice - I didn't realise there was a dedicated tvOS thread. I'm getting an error when I attempt to archive my app:
    I'm guessing that YY will need to update this lib?

Also, I'm seeing the save issue that chorrus mentioned.

chorrus likes this.
  21. Nocturne

Update Xcode to the new beta and try again please!

Could you file bug reports for both issues?

@siread : I can't reproduce the issue you're having, and so I'd ask that you too file a bug report and include a link to the project as well as the full output with the error message. Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 10:44 AM
  22. chorrus

chorrus Member

Hey @Nocturne I have already filed a bug, I sent them a test project so they are probably working in it now. I'm also having the problem @siread has, what Xcode and macOS version are you using? Might be related with having Mojave, I've been having many problems lately and it's been since I updated so it might be related.

Nocturne likes this.
  23. Nocturne

Mojave 10.14.5 and the latest Xcode beta. :)