• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GMS2 Sprite editor bugs

emicarra

Hello, here are some bugs i've noticed but i don't know what causes them since they happen randomly.

1- After deleting a selection by pressing "supr", the pixels inside that deleted selection start re-appearing when they become in contact with a line im drawing while holding the mouse.

2- After using CTRL+Z, the last pixel i've drawn on gets "locked", i can't draw on it, it gets unlocked once i draw on another pixel.

3- Copying frames sometimes doesn't work, i right click>copy frame to make sure i copy the frame, and when i right click>paste in another sprite, nothing happens. For some reason the only safe way i can get it to work guaranteed that it will copy/paste it is by keeping both sprite windows opened while copying and pasting.

4- GMS2 crashes when i close the sprite editor, sometimes it gets to save the sprite, and sometimes it doesn't, it shows a message saying it couldn't load 1 frame or something like that.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Are you on the latest version of the software? I use the sprite editor quite a bit and haven't had any of the issues you describe...

emicarra

Okay, then that's really weird... I've just tested the things you have an issue with and can't reproduce. I'm wondering if it's s drivers issue or something...? Try running GMS2 with the software renderer and see how that does: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...re-renderer-if-your-GPU-does-not-support-GMS2

Failing that, I'd file a bug report as described in that article.
It doesn't happen everytime, it happens randomly and i don't know what triggers them. Thanks for your help

emicarra

Okay, then that's really weird... I've just tested the things you have an issue with and can't reproduce. I'm wondering if it's s drivers issue or something...? Try running GMS2 with the software renderer and see how that does: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...re-renderer-if-your-GPU-does-not-support-GMS2

Failing that, I'd file a bug report as described in that article.
Sorry for bringing this up again, i just wanted to show you one of the bugs, i was able to record it
https://streamable.com/g3lri

emicarra

This is a bug with the line tool? Or the cmnd z Bug?
after using ctrl+z to erase part of the guy's arm, i started drawing it again with the line tool, and as i moved the line while holding mouse button, the erased arm started appearing again. A big part of the arm reappeared before i could record it, so that's why you only see like 3 pixels reappear, but at least you can see it

after using ctrl+z to erase part of the guy's arm, i started drawing it again with the line tool, and as i moved the line while holding mouse button, the erased arm started appearing again. A big part of the arm reappeared before i could record it, so that's why you only see like 3 pixels reappear, but at least you can see it
I have had this happen to me before a few times. Didn't post anything because I had no idea how to reproduce it...

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Ive had the copy paste bug a lot
I'll record it the next time im in the editor, it just happens randomly theres no way to force it to happen that i know of