• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED GMS2 sound not working in preview

For some reason when I installed GameMaker Studio 2 on my Windows 10 computer, the sound doesn't work in my preview.

And yes, I know there are already tons of threads about this, but unfortunately I can't really solve this problem by what people suggested, because the default setting for me is "SAMSUNG (Intel(R) Display Audio)" and that's the only one in the Audio Device settings.

I can't select any other audio device because of that, can you help me out please?
yep thats it.png

Slyddar

It happens to me sometimes too. Haven't done anything to fix it, yet today it's working. Don't have a suggestion, but indeed the sound preview does seem buggy.

It happens to me sometimes too. Haven't done anything to fix it, yet today it's working. Don't have a suggestion, but indeed the sound preview does seem buggy.
Glad it did for you. Tried again recently and it does work on a project I only started today, but not with my other projects which were made with a previous version (that was when I noticed the issue).

Funnily enough, it always worked fine on my laptop (which is also a Windows 10).

So I ran another project (which is based on one I had months ago) and the sound only works in standard window mode. It doesn't work in fullscreen mode. That could be the problem I was talking about.

Apologies for bumping a really old thread, but after updating GMS2 and testing it in fullscreen (and non-fullscreen first to be on the same side), the sound seems to work.

Bumping again because I realised that it may've been my computer's fault and not GMS2's. You can still help me if you like. Remember, the default audio setting on GMS2 is "SAMSUNG (Intel(R) Display Audio" and it's the only one.