• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows GMS2: same project on 2 devices

S

Smallmak

I have both a labtop and a desktop, I prefer useing my desktop most of the time but at times I have to use my labtop. is there a way to work on the same project on 2 different computers? (not at the same time, just make it so what I work on on my labtop gets updated on my desktop ect.)

[HELP!] Hi, I have a similar problem. But I would like to know if it is possible to work on the same projects simontaniously on different devices. me and my team would find it helpful if we could work on the same project, at the same time, on seperate devices. Thank you.

Mr Magnus

Viking King
[HELP!] Hi, I have a similar problem. But I would like to know if it is possible to work on the same projects simontaniously on different devices. me and my team would find it helpful if we could work on the same project, at the same time, on seperate devices. Thank you.
Source control, like git. The most common source control service is Github. Every team member has their own local copy that they work one, and then they'll commit and push their changes to the online master copy. Other team members then periodically pull the changes to their local copy. It's important that you try to avoid working on the exact same bits of code at the same time as that can create a merge conflict (Github isn't sure how to merge the changes back together) which needs to be resolved manually, but in general source control is how all major coding projects manage multiple team members working on multiple features of the same code base at once.