• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GMS2 Pathing question

A

aretz

Hey GMS Community

Im new to GMS2 and im having issues setting up a path, or finding any info on it. In GMS1 there was an option to select which room you wanted the path in so that you could see the room in the background and add the path points over top of it. I cant seem to find that option in GMS2, is it still there, or am I just missing something?

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
In GMS1 there was an option to select which room you wanted the path in so that you could see the room in the background and add the path points over top of it. I cant seem to find that option in GMS2, is it still there, or am I just missing something?
You can add a "path layer" in the room to be able to edit the path from that room. This does not affect any actual path data, so you can use it elsewhere as per usual.