• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code GMS2 Not Responding after calling specific code

Zuljaras

Hello,

I have written about this in the Programming section first but now I believe that this is a BUG about GMS2.

I have an object that will make my current room persistent, deactivate all objects except itself and then go to the pause menu room.

The problem is that after I click on the button assigned to to this action the game freezes and in the task manager GMS2 is "Not Responding".

Here is the code:
Code:
if keyboard_check_pressed(global.KeyDefault[6])
{if instance_exists(playero)
{
if global.paused=false
{
instance_deactivate_all(true);
global.lastroom=room;
room_persistent=true;
room_goto(pausemenu);
}
}
}
Things to NOTE!
- If I remove room_persistent=true; the game does NOT freeze but after I return the main character is gone because he is in the first room of the game. It is not good!
- If I remove instance_deactivate_all(true); the game does NOT freeze but ALL my persistent objects are moving to my pausemenu room which is not good!!!

One major thing is that in GMS2 BETA this was working perfectly!!!

Zuljaras

At home I still had the beta build and the code above was working perfectly. Build v2.0.3.56.

Filed a BUG I hope it is fixed soon!