• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GMS2 not loading test window after pc reboot

DaDonMike

yesterday the test worked fine.. now today it wont load.. it shows its all working but nothing happends (no test game window).

theres no errors and the game ran fine. gms2 is so buggy! :(

EDIT: iv tried reboot and to clear game catch.

EDIT: i also just found out no games are loading in the test window.. its a IDE bug not game related.

Last edited:

rIKmAN

iv rolled back to runtime 2.2.4.374 and it works.. anyone know whats going on here?
Does a new empty room project work?

Latest runtime works fine here (and for many others) so I'd wager against a general IDE bug stopping an empty room room project from working properly.

DaDonMike

Does a new empty room project work?

Latest runtime works fine here (and for many others) so I'd wager against a general IDE bug stopping an empty room room project from working properly.
went back to the most recent runtime.. made a new game.. run it and still the same issue.. iv been making my game on a older runtime with no issues as of yet.. seems like the runtime is crupt.. will deleting it and reinstalling it in the IDE fix it?

rIKmAN

went back to the most recent runtime.. made a new game.. run it and still the same issue.. iv been making my game on a older runtime with no issues as of yet.. seems like the runtime is crupt.. will deleting it and reinstalling it in the IDE fix it?
Possibly yeah, there's definitely something wrong if an empty room project doesn't work.

Download the latest installer from the YYG website and install it - it will uninstall the current version automatically before installing the new version.

You could also manually uninstall/reinstall runtimes from Preferences but a using the installer is probably the better option in this case just to be safe.

rIKmAN

Yeah of course, you just won't have any of the fixes/additions added in the new runtime update.

It sounded like you wanted to fix the issue you are having and be on the latest runtime though.

DaDonMike

yea sorry.. if its ok to use the runtime im using now ill keep with it till theres a new one out.. yoyo games need to fix up and get on top of the bugs and the way things are set up.. why is it so much hassel :/

anyway thanks for your help and ill report back if i do deside to go back to the latest runtime :)

DaDonMike

found a fix.. i uninstalled the latest runtime in gms2 settings and reinstalled it and it seems to have fixed it! happy days :)