• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows GMS2 Not Booting

R

rosegoldphoenix

I posted this on the tech help forum, but I haven't gotten anything back yet and I figured this would be a place to get a faster response.
When I try to boot GMS2 I receive the following error:
LoadLibrary failed with error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
I don't know what's causing this - I looked into the UI document and it mentioned I was missing a DLL. I downloaded that DLL and put it in the right place, but I'm still getting this error. And either way, it doesn't seem like a missing DLL is the problem - it seems that it's a problem with GMS2's runtimes.
GMS2 was working fine before the recent update, but now it won't boot at all. I've tried reinstalling GMS2 to no avail. Not sure what else to do. Any help is appreciated.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
You should check that the C Runtime libraries have been installed correctly we require

* x64 Visual Studio 2012 C++ Runtime Library
* x64 Visual Studio 2015 C++ Runtime Library

We install these on the initial install but not during an update (as it should already have been installed) - those are the only external DLL requirements (that I am aware of)

Russell

R

rosegoldphoenix

Russell,
I've uninstalled and reinstalled GMS2 without avail, and uninstalled and reinstalled both of those C++ runtime libraries (as taken from microsoft.com here and here).
When I try to install the Visual C++ 2015 libraries, the installer informs me that I already have a version installed. But when I check my installed programs, it doesn't show up.
This is bizarre, and more to do with my machine than GMS2. Thanks for the advice tho!