• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GMS2: My Library UX improvement suggestions

csanyk

GameMaker Studio 2 has a much better interface for the Marketplace My Library as compared to GMS1.x, but there are a few things that I would love to see improved with it.
  1. The "New Version" category only shows LITERALLY items for which you already have some version downloaded, and for which a newer version is available for download. It does NOT show items for which you have purchased, but never downloaded before. This makes hunting for newly purchased assets in My Library a HUGE pain. Please have EVERYTHING that is "new" (whether a brand new purchase, or a update to an already-downloaded asset) show up here.
  2. Every time I hit the download button for an asset in the New Version category, My Library jumps to the All Assets view, then shows the asset being downloaded. Now, if I want to go back and find the next asset in New Version to download it, I have to go and click on the New Version category to go back to it, EACH TIME. Again, this is a huge pain. A lot of extra clicking back to the New Version category for each available updated asset that I need to download.
  3. There's no "Select all". So when I have all these updates awaiting download, I have to download each of them, one at a time. It would be so much better to check a checkbox to select all available new assets, and then download them all with a single click.
I've made a video showing the issues with the current UX here:

Last edited: