• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows gms2 lag

Z

zendraw

i recently installed an ssd on my pc, the windows and game maker are on it yet now game maker is laggy? whats the problem?

D

Deleted member 13992

laggy how and when? during compiling? opening objects/files? do you mean the IDE itself is laggy, or games developed on it are?

try temporarily disabling your AV and see if it makes a difference.

Z

zendraw

the IDE is laggy, doing anything. in the sluggish sense, like it takes time to load things. and no im not talking about intentional delays from the ide prefrences. even drawing in the image editor is laggy, slow, takes time to executge the drawing function...

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
New Windows as in you put a fresh Windows installation on the SSD, rather than transferring it from your old system drive?
Does disabling security software as suggested above make any difference?
Is anything else running in the background?
Which IDE version does this happen on?

chamaeleon

Perhaps you can gain some insights by opening the Task Manager, go to the Performance Tab and click Open Resource Monitor at the bottom, which will give you some information about file accesses by various processes. Or hit the Windows key on the keyboard, and type "Resource Monitor", to find the program directly.

Z

zendraw

-yues its a fresh new windows, the drives are also remade.
-i have nothing but windows defender
-i will see today from taks manager whats goin gon
-id guess theyr up to date, how can i check?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
If you didn't install the GPU driver, you potentially don't have any but the absolute basic Windows default one. These are released by the hardware manufacturers, not Microsoft.

Download and install the latest stable driver from your GPU manufacturer's website and see if the issue persists.

Z

zendraw

i dont have a gpu, its an integrated video card or whatever. where do i check its version or somthing that can show me what driver is for me?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
So you have integrated graphics on your CPU? I wouldn't exactly expect performance from a non-dedicated GPU in the first place, but the IDE itself should certainly not be lagging. (I forgot to ask earlier - does this happen with an empty project, or is it specific to a larger project you've been working on for a while, etc.?)

Since your GPU is part of your CPU, you have to look for it on your CPU manufacturer's website. If you don't know which CPU you have, you can find it out in the device manager (which is a part of Windows).

Z

zendraw

its a new project, was, started few days ago. and i havent had such lag issues before, no matter the size of the project, excluding autosaving...

windows tells me i have the best drivers there are for my device or somthing liek that.

Ricardo

windows tells me i have the best drivers there are for my device or somthing liek that.
It probably doesn't. The default video driver Windows 10 may assign even to a integrated GPU may be terrible.
If you have an Intel CPU, try this utility to get the GPU drivers updated.
IDK if AMD have something similar, but you could take a look at their website if that's the case.

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
@zendraw I was talking about whether it could be the case that Windows Update is installing updates and can slow the computer down. The generic Windows graphics driver really slows down your computer in general, so you can search for your computer's motherboard model and from the website download the specific driver for it, you can get the model through Windows + R and type "dxdiag ". You can download the CPU Z software too.

Z

zendraw

nothing shows the series of my graphics card, so i cant rly attemtp to download anything.

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Download GPU Z to get GPU info of it.
If your processor is Intel, you can download a universal Intel video driver, or if it’s AMD the same thing.
You try to install the latest ones to see if it works.

Z

zendraw

so i got updated with latest drivers from amd adrenaline and i think the lag is gone. but well see. my graphics card is integrated so tit dont show me the series number that i need.