• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GMS2 : Issues when starting software

P

Palocles

I just bought GMS from Steam as i want to continue working on a game i started a few years ago when i still had the free version.

BUT!

When i started the software i got a white full screen then nothing loaded. :(

There are no high spec system requirements that could be preventing it are there? The old version ran fine.
Halp.

rIKmAN

Not sure the version number. It GMS Desktop.
If the IDE doesn't open at all, it'll tell you the version number in the name of the exe file you used to install it: GameMakerStudio-Installer-2.x.x.xxx.exe where the 'x's are the version number.

The white screen / windows deadlock bug was fixed quite a while ago, so it's the first thing that's easy to check and rule out.

P

Palocles

Version number is 2.2.4.474

Should i have restarted my PC after installing?

rIKmAN

No I've never had to, but if you've had your PC on for a week then I would recommend it.

Are you using a desktop or a laptop?
Are you running Windows 10?
Is it fully up to date via Windows Update?

P

Palocles

I decided to restart anyway and it's working now so maybe it was that. The PC had not been on for a week though, only a day or so when i downloaded.

And this is all moot now but it's an all in one desktop running Windows 10 that should be fully updated.

Ok, work to do now! Thanks for the help.