• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GMS2: Is there a way to hide cursor brush?

emicarra

Hello, is it possible to hide the cursor brush im GMS2 sprite editor? I would preffer to draw with the mouse cursor, because the brush keeps blocking the entire pixel im drawing on. Thanks

rIKmAN

Hello, is it possible to hide the cursor brush im GMS2 sprite editor? I would preffer to draw with the mouse cursor, because the brush keeps blocking the entire pixel im drawing on. Thanks
If I'm understanding you correctly, you just need to click the 1px brush up near where the other brushes are displayed and you will have a 1px cursor ready to draw a single pixel at a time with.

There are a few various sized defaults up there along with any brushes you have added yourself by copying parts of the sprite.

emicarra

If I'm understanding you correctly, you just need to click the 1px brush up near where the other brushes are displayed and you will have a 1px cursor ready to draw a single pixel at a time with.

There are a few various sized defaults up there along with any brushes you have added yourself by copying parts of the sprite.
Thanks for the response, but that's not the problem. If you click on the 1px brush, you will have a 1 pixel cursor blocking what's behind. If you click on a bigger brush you will have a bigger brush cursor blocking what's behind. This didn't happen in GMS1. In Photoshop, they only show the outline of the brush, so you can see what's behind. In MS Paint, it only shows when you are moving the cursor around, when the cursor is not moving it doesn't show the brush.
I hope i explained the issue

rIKmAN

Thanks for the response, but that's not the problem. If you click on the 1px brush, you will have a 1 pixel cursor blocking what's behind. If you click on a bigger brush you will have a bigger brush cursor blocking what's behind. This didn't happen in GMS1. In Photoshop, they only show the outline of the brush, so you can see what's behind. In MS Paint, it only shows when you are moving the cursor around, when the cursor is not moving it doesn't show the brush.
I hope i explained the issue
Well can you click the select tool (the dashed square) and that will let you see what's behind, but I'm not sure what the issue is with having a 1px brush as surely you know what's behind it and if you don't just move the cursor 1px in any direction to have a look?

You might prefer keyboard shortcuts: S for selection tool so you can see, then D for the pen tool so you can draw.

emicarra

Well can you click the select tool (the dashed square) and that will let you see what's behind, but I'm not sure what the issue is with having a 1px brush as surely you know what's behind it and if you don't just move the cursor 1px in any direction to have a look?

You might prefer keyboard shortcuts: S for selection tool so you can see, then D for the pen tool so you can draw.
It's uncomfortable for me, for some reason sometimes i dont know if i hit the right pixel. And since the brush clamps to the pixels cells its harder to move it, unlike the cursor, that you know which way you are going with the mouse. Maybe those are very small details, but for me, that i draw a lot and i'm used to drawing with the mouse cursor it's uncomfortable. But well, if there's no way to draw with the mouse cursor then i'll have to get used to it with time..
Thanks anyways

Toque

It's uncomfortable for me, for some reason sometimes i dont know if i hit the right pixel. And since the brush clamps to the pixels cells its harder to move it, unlike the cursor, that you know which way you are going with the mouse. Maybe those are very small details, but for me, that i draw a lot and i'm used to drawing with the mouse cursor it's uncomfortable. But well, if there's no way to draw with the mouse cursor then i'll have to get used to it with time..
Thanks anyways

It’s not just you I hate that too. It took me awhile to get used to that. There are other things that annoy me as well. I forced myself to make a few sprites with it hoping It would grow on me. I like it it to make quick simple changes but I still prefer pyxel edit for bulk of work.