• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion GMS2: How can I create a 3x3 matrix?!

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
matrix_build ... creates a 4x4 matrix.... as can be seen in the documentation it is said that we can create a matrix with other dimensions. How can we create it? just by creating a 1D array with 9 positions?! does this work? can i still use matrix multiply?

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Why would you need to? As long as the last row/column is 0 with a 1 in the lower corner, it's just like a 3x3, so I'd stick with a 4x4 so you can use all the built in (much faster) functions.