• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GMS2 has become unstable. Even after restarting..

R

risa401

GMS2's sprite editor is just broken. I cannot do anything. It does not open the sprites and is unstable even after I restart GMS2. How to fix??

Tthecreator

Your Creator!
Can you be a little bit more specific on your problem?:
Can you select different tools?
Does this occur when creating a new sprite?
Does this occur when creating a new object?
Can you do something like copy and paste?
Can you use any effects?
Does the image view section work?

R

risa401

It doesn't do anything. Only opens a blank editor even though I want to open a sprite with an image in it. I cannot do ANYTHING. ANYTHING, ANYTHING, understand?

R

risa401

Did you click on "Edit Image" or "Import"?
And now you are just pissing me off. I said that the SPRITE EDITOR doesn't work at all. If you click Edit Image or Import doesn't make ANY difference. It seems like it fails to open the sprites basically.

Sorry.

N

NPT

File a bug report and make a better effort to actually describe your problem articulately.

And don't forget this is a beta. Simply put, those who are getting as frustrated as you appear to be getting because things aren't working, should not be participating in beta programs.

R

risa401

Tried to reinstall. Still happening. Dunno.

Whenever I open my sprite and try to edit it. There is no layers, just nothing. When I try to create a "new" subimage (theres none) it says that gms2 has became unstable.. I restarted, uninstalled, deleted the cache tried everything and still nothing works! It's just stuck at that.. Now I cannot continue on making my games because I don't want to use any external image editor to edit my sprites. Welp.

PS: This is a duplicate post but described into details. If there are any mods coming by please delete my latest thread!

SOLVED! I used a skin that somehow corrupted or something and I couldn't use the image editor!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
okay.... can't really comment on custom skins - no idea what it's doing to dialogs etc.

Cpaz

I believe I fixed this. Just go to the skin folder, and delete the "layout" folder.
I think the issue stems from the fact that many of the skins being made are based off of the "Dark" skin. For example, I'm using the "Flat-Dark" skin. @Mike has stated before that basing skins off of the "Dark" skin will cause compatibility issues in the long run.
(also the fact that custom skins aren't technically finished I think?)