• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GMS2 Handling of mixed High DPI (Retina) and Low DPI screens

D

DragonHorse

Has anyone heard anything more about this being fixed?

http://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=26932

I think it affects both Windows and Mac though my use-case is for the Mac where I have a builtin retina display on the laptop and two external non-retina displays. The IDE shows fine on the retina display, but if I move the main window to one of the lower resolution displays or have a second window on one of the external displays icons and text grow huge (so effectively the non-retina display is being treated as retina).

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
We are working on this, and it will take some time as it is quite complex as to how best to handle it - Windows handles the DPI issue in a different way to Mac OS X and that complicates matters further.

Russell

D

DragonHorse

Cool thanks Russell, good to know that it's on the radar still.

OMG I finally found a solution that works for me... if you right click the GMS2 app and select "Get Info" there is a checkbox to open the app in low resolution (effectively non-retina). Check this box. I can now drag the IDE between my 2 monitors (a MacBook Pro 2017, and a 1080p external monitor) and the IDE maintains consistent scaling.