• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GMS2 - Git and Marketplace Issues

B

bheat

I've been trying to find any information on this but all I've come across is conflicting information from users, documentation, and the YoYo games twitter. I really liked the Studio 2 Beta so I went ahead and bought it, however it seems that there are still limitations in this version.

Git integration - the option for plugins doesn't even show up for me in the preference window.
Marketplace - anytime I try to import anything I get an error "Unable to read the extension file"

In the Beta version it clearly stated that both of these functionalities would not work, so I was just wondering if anybody else is running into this issue as well.

csanyk

Whether you bought the full version or not, GMS2 is still Beta.

Unpaid = Beta Trial edition
Paid = Beta Desktop edition.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Git functionality was delayed as we found some issues very close to launch - these are now addressed and the next public version will have it in (should be released soon, currently in test)
Marketplace - most things should work, if you are having a problem with something please report it as a bug and we will take a look.

Russell