GameMaker GMS2 gift

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest User

Hello, I purchased GMS2 a few months ago and I have had nothing but constant crashes and issues with it since buying it. I have deleted it and reinstalled it 3-4 times and a month ago I even did a complete OS reinstall (Win 7 64bit) on my PC in the hope it would fix the issues but no. I did post about it here long ago but got no reponse.

My reason for posting now is that I hate to see things wasted and right now gms2 is wasted as I cannot use it, so I am going to change my YYG registered email to an email addr I'll create for this and I intend to gift my account to someone on this forum who does not yet have GMS2.

at least the software will be used and my money will not be wasted. if you are currently only using 1.4 and would like 2, please send me a PM and we'll sort if out. (this is free, I am not asking for any money)

Thank you

rIKmAN

Hello, I purchased GMS2 a few months ago and I have had nothing but constant crashes and issues with it since buying it. I have deleted it and reinstalled it 3-4 times and a month ago I even did a complete OS reinstall (Win 7 64bit) on my PC in the hope it would fix the issues but no. I did post about it here long ago but got no reponse.

My reason for posting now is that I hate to see things wasted and right now gms2 is wasted as I cannot use it, so I am going to change my YYG registered email to an email addr I'll create for this and I intend to gift my account to someone on this forum who does not yet have GMS2.

at least the software will be used and my money will not be wasted. if you are currently only using 1.4 and would like 2, please send me a PM and we'll sort if out. (this is free, I am not asking for any money)

Thank you
Whilst this is a nice gesture, you should probably clear this with YYG first as I think this is against the ToS / EULA and could result in the licence getting banned and being wasted completely.

Have you tried the latest beta?
That has fixed a lot of the random crashes and white screen issues I was getting completely, and I haven't had a single crash yet - hopefully I haven't just jinxed myself!

You should give it a try and see it it solves any of the issues you have been having.

G

Guest User

Thanks, and yes I have tried the latest version, no difference I'm sad to say.

I assumed giving it away freely would be fine as I'm not attempting to sell it or anything, otherwise its just well.. wasted? seems a little silly.

rIKmAN

Thanks, and yes I have tried the latest version, no difference I'm sad to say.

I assumed giving it away freely would be fine as I'm not attempting to sell it or anything, otherwise its just well.. wasted? seems a little silly.
Ah that's a shame, I guess it's something specific to your setup then - have you tried to diagnose it or been in touch with support?

With regards to the licence, it doesn't matter if you are selling it or giving it away, the EULA states that it's not trnasferable so that's why I say get in touch with them first to make sure it isn't just going to be banned and leave everyone cheesed off. If they can't help you sort it out then they may allow you to transfer it, but I would definitely get confirmation first through chatting with them.

From Section 3.6 of the EULA
YoYo Games grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited, worldwide licence for the licence duration specified at the time of purchase to: (i) install GameMaker for your personal use on a single device in order to develop and publish Publisher Property (e.g. assets and games);

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Sorry, as @rIKmAN states, this is against the EULA and as such I have to close the topic. Note that while you say you've tried the latest version, was that the BETA version? The current beta is 1000000 times more stable and (so far) nobody using it has complained of crashes or lock-ups. So, I'd consider trying it if you haven't already (and if you have and youre still having problems then you should consider contacting YYG support, as no way should you be having the issues you describe):

Status
Not open for further replies.