1. Hey! Guest! The 36th GMC Jam will take place between February 27th, 12:00 UTC - March 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NOTICE: We will be applying a Xenforo update on Tuesday 25th of February. This means that from approximately 10:00 to 14:00 BST the forums will be offline (or possibly longer). Sorry for the inconvenience! Official Announcement here.

Windows GMS2 freezes when trying to import strip image

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by AlexMdle, Jan 29, 2019.

1. AlexMdle

AlexMdle Member

Happens on and off every once in a while. CPU usage spikes to 100% during that time. The only fix so far seems to be restarting gms2 - twice. It always freezes on a second try. Is this a known issue? Any way to avoid it altogether?

2. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

This IS a known issue and something that YYG have been trying to fix for some time. Things are definitely better, as I used to get this every other time I opened a file explorer, but recently it's happening very very rarely... The current Beta has (so far - touch wood!) been very stable and hasn't given me a crash yet, so maybe opt-in to that and give it a try? Although it's in beta it's been very stable.

CameronScottCreations likes this.