• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows [Solved] GMS2 freezes when try to open Help from an external browser.

Dunkelheit

I changed my environment from macOS to Windows. I set to open help from external browser instead of embedded and every time it freezes (doesn't look like it crashes). So I have to kill the process. Target browser is Opera, I'm not sure if it's issue rather on GMS2 or browser that works just fine.

I removed GMS2 and its settings to force it let me choose the browser again and didn't happen.

Thanks!

curato

Have you tried a different default browser? I never had that issue, but I never use opera either. I have had good results with Edge Chrome and Firefox though.

Dunkelheit

Have you tried a different default browser? I never had that issue, but I never use opera either. I have had good results with Edge Chrome and Firefox though.
Thanks for reply.

Once I have set in GMS2 to open from my default browser (that's Opera) it began to happen. Before that I was opening help pages inside GMS2.

Even if I uninstall GMS2 from Program Files and %APPDATA% (there 3 folders btw) it continues to freeze the whole editor.

I don't know how to make it disable and start over opening the dialog to be able to choose another browser.

curato

In Windows 10
Select the Start button, and then type Default apps.
In the search results, select Default apps.
Under Web browser, select the browser currently listed, and then select another browser.