1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Windows GMS2 downloaded on Steam can't run

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Aven, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Aven

Aven Member

After the program been launched steam shows running then as usual, then it turns off immediately.
    I also tried to play GMSD2 again several times, but nothing changed. How can I fix it?

Attached Files:

2. Cameron Parks

Cameron Parks Member

You know, a lot of people say the steam version isn't as good. If you bought it on Steam, you can link your Steam account to your YoYo account and then have access to the DRM-free versions. For now at least, that is the best option.

3. Carcophan

Carcophan Member

Any chance you/anyone knows how to do this? I am having a similar issue.

4. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

Just login to your YYG account and link your Steam account in the settings, then download the latest GMS2 installer and login with your YYG account.

Once you've linked them you can check your licences on the site too and it should say that you own it and show "Steam" as the purchase method.