• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android GMS2 different Minimum SDK showing up

emicarra

Hello, i just moved my GMS1.4 project to GMS2, when i export to android an error message appears in the output saying "android 14 is unsupported, using minimum supported version android 16.", the thing is the minimum SDK shown in "Game Options - Android" is 16, so why does it say android 14 is unsupported?, here's the full error:

Android NDK: android-14 is unsupported. Using minimum supported version android-16.
Android NDK: WARNING: APP_PLATFORM android-16 is higher than android:minSdkVersion 14 in ./AndroidManifest.xml.

Also i opened GMS2 AndroidManifest.xml in Android Studio but i couldn't find "android:minSdkVersion 14" anywhere.
This error happens for around 1 minute and then sometimes it compiles fine and sometimes it doesn't.

Screenshot:

Thanks for your help

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Chances are that you have an extension that still depends on API 14, and that is injecting the requirement into the manifest. Upgrade it or remove it.

emicarra

Chances are that you have an extension that still depends on API 14, and that is injecting the requirement into the manifest. Upgrade it or remove it.
Thanks for the response, that's probably it but there's a problem, i deleted the extension and also cleaned the cache but when i compiled it still shows API 14. So i checked the output and "on one part it says Attempting to call extension function with no extensions loaded isSignedIn on class GooglePlayServicesExtension".
It seems the extension wasn't completly removed from the project, maybe i should open a new thread for this issue.
I also checked in the project folder/extensions, but the folder is empty.
Thanks for your help

rIKmAN

Thanks for the response, that's probably it but there's a problem, i deleted the extension and also cleaned the cache but when i compiled it still shows API 14. So i checked the output and "on one part it says Attempting to call extension function with no extensions loaded isSignedIn on class GooglePlayServicesExtension".
It seems the extension wasn't completly removed from the project, maybe i should open a new thread for this issue.
I also checked in the project folder/extensions, but the folder is empty.
Thanks for your help
Try removing the extension from the 1.4 project, cleaning the cache and saving it as a new project.
Then import that "clean" project into GMS2.

It may still be getting referenced somewhere from the import process, although it obviously shouldn't happen and still might not work but is worth a try.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I also see it all the time when I build an .apk, but rarely will my build fail unless I made a mistake somewhere within the IDE. I think the issue why we see it is simply because we don't have "android-14" folder (and its content) in our ndk-bundle folder. In my case, I can clearly tell I don't have in %Android\Sdk\ndk-bundle\platforms\%. The ones that I do have matches what I did downloaded from Android Studio's SDK Manager. I'm not going to download 14 because I always set my app min target to 19 (Android 4.4). So my guess is, if you want to try making it go away; maybe launch the SDK Manager, and download Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) API 14 Revision 4. However (disclaimer) please don't hold me accountable if the message doesn't go away. But don't worry, downloading it won't cause any harm except use up some of your harddisk space. :p

Last edited:
D

darthjaiz

Fixed mine by saving my project to a new project (save as project) save to a different folder.

chirpy

Exporting and reimporting the project didn't help me. Even an empty project shows the messages:

Android NDK: android-14 is unsupported. Using minimum supported version android-16.
Android NDK: WARNING: APP_PLATFORM android-16 is higher than android:minSdkVersion 14 in ./AndroidManifest.xml.

Is there anything else I could try to do?

rIKmAN

Exporting and reimporting the project didn't help me. Even an empty project shows the messages:

Is there anything else I could try to do?
What version of the NDK are you using?
The setup article recommends NDK 20 so if you are using a different version I'd uninstall the current version and install v20, point GMS2 to it and try again with a fresh empty project.

chirpy

I'm using v20, following recommended settings here: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001368727-Setting-Up-For-Android
I also uninstalled Android Studio and did a clean install, with my .gradle .android .AndroidStudio3.5 folders removed, still no luck.

Code:
ClangExeLocation=D:\Android\sdk\ndk\20.0.5594570\toolchains\llvm\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\clang++.exe
Using NDKDir = D:\Android\sdk\ndk\20.0.5594570
Using PlatformDir = D:\Android\sdk\ndk\20.0.5594570\platforms\android-29
Using ARMToolChain = D:\Android\sdk\ndk\20.0.5594570\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64
saving file Y:/ndk-test_160F49A_YYC\ndk-test.droid
Android NDK: WARNING: APP_PLATFORM android-16 is higher than android:minSdkVersion 14 in ./AndroidManifest.xml. NDK binaries will *not* be compatible with devices older than android-16.
See https://android.googlesource.com/platform/ndk/+/master/docs/user/common_problems.md for more information.
I had been able to build, and my uploaded builds to Google Play Console looks fine, listing correct API levels 16+, and Target SDK 29.
So I'm leaning towards letting it go. Hopefully it's harmless. =(

By the way, the build success results also ends with:
Code:
Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 6.0.
Use '--warning-mode all' to show the individual deprecation warnings.
See https://docs.gradle.org/5.1.1/userguide/command_line_interface.html#sec:command_line_warnings

Last edited: