• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion GMS2 Desktop - Unable to login - No network connection

F

fred.Man

Hello...
After the last update, "Steam GMS2 Desktop" can not log in anymore.

"Steam GMS2 Web" logs in without problems.

Does anyone have the same problem or a solution?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Someone else (here) has already posted a topic about this. Please file a bug report, although I'll also bring this to the attention of the devs.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Hi there, sorry about this. This is odd, as the both register with the same login I believe, so once logged in with one, it should be the same for the other.
If you login with Web, can you then run Desktop or does it prompt you to login again?

Try rebooting?

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
That Web still logs in is my bad - a Steam-side configuration issue. I have now fixed this and you'll see the updated version.

I suspect that this is just that all of them will now respect your Steam online/offline status, which is a new change in 2.0.6. You will need Steam to be in online mode, otherwise the IDE won't try to do online functionality.

Can you confirm that your Steam client is in online mode and that you are signed-in to the social/friends system (Steam classes this as online...). If not, turn these on and please confirm this fixes for you.