• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows GMS2 desktop closes while trying to launch

I

ilari silander

I just bought GMS2 desktop through steam, and after installing, I had to log in. I also linked my steam with yoyo-games website.

So, after doing all that, I launched the game, and it got to a point in the "installation" within the game, and it suddenly just closes the program.

After that I restarted my computer, and I downloaded the game through yoyo-games also, and the very same thing happened. The program just closes without any messages.

I'm running Windows 10.

Any ideas?

Best regards

Ilari

Fel på GM2 steam.jpg

Bingdom

Googledom
> Update drivers
> Does your computer support DX11? Win Key + R, type in "dxdiag". Will tell you the DirectX version you have.
> Check that you have DX11.

I

ilari silander

> Update drivers
> Does your computer support DX11? Win Key + R, type in "dxdiag". Will tell you the DirectX version you have.
> Check that you have DX11.
It supports DX12, my drivers are up to date. It's so frustrating, since it just exits the program when doing that "installation" thingy in the launcher. No error messages or anything.

Bingdom

Googledom
Whoops. Was meant to write.
"Check that you have DX11 installed"

I don't know what DirectX11 version would be needed to be installed for it to run, or if it's even necessary since you have DX12. Best bet would be just to install the latest version of DX11 (If it even gets updated?)

I think this might be the right link.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=17431

Edit: I realised this is probably pointless. Steam should've already done that task for you (I think).

If it hasn't automatically installed the files, you can do it manually:
Go into your steam apps folder -> common -> Game maker -> redist. (iirc)
There, you'll find files required to run game maker I believe. (Well, this is the case for games)

I don't own GMS2. This is the process I'd do if a steam game wasn't working.

Last edited:
I

ilari silander

dxdiag shows what dx is supported, and it includes 11.

gm2 funkar inte.jpg