• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GMS2 Crashing and Disorganizing Assets

A

ApselTheBlue

So. This is terrible. It's exactly as the title says and this isn't the first time it's happened. GMS2 somewhat frequently crashes my Laptop, which for the price tag is already an issue but hey, I get it, making this type of program isn't easy. But this...this is too much.

I would show an image but this is a fan game and as such contains material not quite suitable for this site to my knowledge.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Are you on the current version of GMS2? v2.2 introduced a number of safeguards to make asset/project corruption more common.

If you are, and can notice a pattern in what you have to do to get the project to crash, you could file a bug report with your project attached (perhaps a copy with placeholder graphics if it's too much of whatever it is that you have there for anyone's eyes)